• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New ME/CFS Documentary

Hajnalka

Last edited:

perrier

I started watching this, and will finish later because I cannot do it in one shot. It is really wrenching to watch all these young people so crippled with this nightmare, and so few researchers on this. So, be prepared: it is not easy. But it looks really well done. Congratulations to film makers.

perrier

Dr Scheibenbogen (at where I am now) says that this illness comes after an infection. The immune system goes up high to deal with the infection, and then does not return to base line, and this affects the autonomic nervous system.( I am listening in German because there are no subtitles. )

Rufous McKinney

What we need to raise funds is just .... a biomarker

Im still wading thru this in short sections.

But what are the "treatments" the doctors here seem to refer to? (maybe they say eventually). What are the treatments, alluded to there in Germany?