• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Labs and Thoughts - Mycoplasma and Chlamydia

Swim15

Just got done labs back which I will list below:

EBV Viral Capsid AG (VCA) AB IGG - 163.00 (high)
EBV DNA - negative
EBV early antigen D AB IGG - negative
EBV viral capsid AG (VCA) AB IGM - negative

Mycoplasma Pneumoniae - 1.13 (> 1.10 'high')

Chlamydophilla Pneumoniae AB IGG - 1:64 ('high')

The EBV VCA is up from ~126 about 6 months ago despite being on a high dose of monolaurin and other immune support supplements for months. Does anyone know what that means and why? I haven't found a great consensus on typical medical sources.

While I’m not as familiar with the other two, it is interesting that Ive had a dry cough and wheezing to some degree pretty constantly the last couple years - I don’t think those titers are a major concern but anyone have thoughts on that? I was trying to find a consensus for values that were in the ‘CFS range’ but haven’t seen nearly as much info on them

Last edited:

Swim15

Gonna add that, while somewhat non specific, I had a CH50 panel that was high as well (>60)

Back