• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New foods or fumes allergies post Covid infection?

Violeta

The flipping of the immune system from Th1 to Th2 used to be talked about a lot, but I don't see it mentioned anymore. Something going wrong with the immune system would/could cause one to be hyperallergic to foods.

I know that happened to me, but a long time ago.

There is a lot of information about it on the web; I would try to explain it but that's not easy to do and I run out of energy so quickly.

Just a thought.
This doesn't explain it, it's more of a bottom line of the Th1/Th2 shift.

Th1 and Th2 cells are known to antagonize each other in a variety of ways [18, 19], and several chronic inflammatory autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS), diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) have been described as Th1 dominant diseases [20], while atopy and allergy are Th2 dominant diseases [21].

Googling it brings up a lot of helpful information.

Selfhack has a comprehensive overview of the topic.

lenora

I think we could easily lose our minds with all of the info out there. Like everything else, it used to be so much easier because not as many vitamins and supplements (and enzymes) were know about. Now.....well, confusion can reign, and there's always someone's opinion and things to read about.

Zinc....just be careful. The body can only tolerate so much.

Out of interest: I talked to my Cardiologist's PA the other day and she said that neurological problems can cause high BP. Interesting (I have a number of neurological illnesses) & just thought I'd pass it on. Be well. Yours, Lenora

triffid113

Day of the Square Peg
Well, it takes a long time (a month or so) to see if any zinc changes work. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help. I think peas are high in glutamine...so also eating Beyond Burgers with pea protein. I think they're great but my sister thinks they're not that healthy. And...I get some acetic acid every day - either ACV gummies or kombucha.