• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New / Different Lab - No Lab orders required

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Here is a link to "Private MD" labs - They supply the "doctors orders" and then let you go to any Lab Corp draw center for the test. They also list every Labcorp test and the assocoiated price (whew!!! - pcr test are high), but some of them were cheaper than I thought they would be.

I know some people like some labs better than others. It really doesn't matter to me as long as they are accurate. I live near the home office for LabCorp and I can honestly say that 99% of the time when i have a blood draw at LabCorp the results are on my physicians fax machine the next morning when they arrive at work. The exception being "cultures" which obviously will not be there the next day. Also, LabCorp has 2 pickups a day, usually at 11:00 and 5:00 and because I take testosterone my blood is drawn between 12:00 and 1:00. That puts my blood getting shipped out later in the day and the results are still back the next morning. The down side is that your still limited to their test and not some of the unique test that we normally need.

Private MD Labs

camas

Thanks for posting this link. I have one of these labs near me which could come in handy since my doc is highly averse to doing testing.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I'm in the same boat. An endocrinologist that thinks he knows everything before you even tell him what is wrong.