• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NeW Contest--Toshiba Doing Good for Nonprofits--Up to $100,000 in Tech Makeover

frenchtulip

Deadline for submitting entry is Jan. 7th, 2012

Do you know of a ME/CFS nonprofit that could use a technology makeover? The top prize is a Toshiba Technology Makeover worth over $100,000. Four other finalists will receive a technology package work $28,500.
!. Videos telling how your nonprofit can benefit from a Toshiba Technology Makeover must be submitted by Jan. 7, 2012.
2. Five finalists will be nominated by Toshiba on Jan. 20, 2012.
3. Fans vote from Jan. 20 to Feb. 17, 2012.
4. Winner of $100,000+ prize will be announced on Feb. 20, 2012. The four other finalists will receive a technology package worth $28,500.
Several of our ME/CFS orgs could participate. https://www.facebook.com/ToshibaForG...67510536627302

*GG*

Didn't the Lights and/or Lucinda Bateman raise some money for such things? Perhaps they could use more equipment etc..

I believe they do some good research and deserve our support (to the best of our abilities).

GG

frenchtulip

gg, that is a very good thought. A year or so ago some people were raising money for Dr. Bateman's OFFER to update some office supplies and furniture. But I suspect they could use a lot more. I have hesitated contacting her at such a busy time, but believe I will do so right after Christmas. I will contact either her or an official from OFFER. Both have been good to reply to emails. And, yes, you're right!--They are a great group and deserve support! Thanks.

frenchtulip

Only 10 entries so far

Deadline for entries in the Toshiba Technology Contest is Jan. 7, 2012. I checked today and there are only 5 entries so far. If you know of a ME/CFS non-profit, which could use state-of-the-art equipment, please let them know about this contest. Five non-profits will be chosen as finalists by Toshiba and voted upon by the public. All five finalists will receive prizes--one $100,000+ technology makeover and 4 $28,000 makeovers. I have just contacted OFFER to let them know about this opportunity.

frenchtulip

Entry deadline extended to Jan. 31, 2012!

Toshiba has extended the deadline for entering to Jan. 31, 2012. If you know of an ME/CFS non-profit that could benefit from a technology makeover, please let them know about this contest.

Merry

frenchtulip, how does Toshiba define "technology makeover"? If you've already explained, sorry -- and could you point me to the answer? I was wondering if the changes Cort would like to make to Phoenix Rising fit the contest's definition. Thanks.

Edit: I just tried to look for the answer myself, but got the message that link (the one in your first post) has expired.

helen41

The Pacific Fatigue Lab is working on an entry, but there is room for more. Basically 4 videos will each get computer equipment worth about $28,000 and 1 will get equipment worth $100,000

frenchtulip

The prizes

frenchtulip, how does Toshiba define "technology makeover"? If you've already explained, sorry -- and could you point me to the answer? I was wondering if the changes Cort would like to make to Phoenix Rising fit the contest's definition. Thanks.

Edit: I just tried to look for the answer myself, but got the message that link (the one in your first post) has expired.

Merry, these are the prizes as described in the official rules at: https://apps.facebook.com/tosh-helping-helpers/contests/160128/rules

PrizeS: One (1) Grand Prize winner and FOUR (4) FIRST PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:

FIRST PRIZE Four (5) First Prize Winners will receive a Toshiba Technology Makeover including: one (1)Toshiba e-STUDIO 3040c multifunction printer (including faxboard, RADF, hanging finisher and LCF), two-year service contract (including toner, supplies and labor), one (1) 23 Toshiba all-in-one desktop computer, one (1) 14 Toshiba Tecra mobile professional laptop, one (1) 46 Toshiba LED HDTV, one (1) Toshiba Camileo camcorder (including 4GB SD card), and ten (10) Toshiba A19 LED light bulbs. Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of First Prize: $28,508 each.

GRAND PRIZE The Grand Prize Winner will receive a prize package including: one (1) Toshiba Encompass analysis, one (1) Toshiba Green assessment, one (1) Toshiba Security Assessment, one (1) Toshiba e-STUDIO 5540c multifunction printer (including faxboard and multi-position finisher), two-year service contract for e-STUDIO 5540c (including toner, supplies and labor); four (4) 23 Toshiba all-in-one desktop computers, four (4) 14 Toshiba Tecra mobile professional laptops, one (1) 46 Toshiba LED HDTV, one (1) Toshiba IPedge or Strata CIX business telephone system (including installation), and fifty (50) Toshiba A19 LED light bulbs. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $102,974.

Merry

Ok, thanks for the information, frenchtulip and helen. So the answer is that the prizes are computers and peripherals and service contracts. Not cash that Cort could use to upgrade Phoenix Rising.

frenchtulip

I contacted OFFER, and I think they are planning to enter. The Pacific Lab was contacted and is preparing a video, I believe. Cort and the cfsknowledgecenter have been contacted. If you know of others who could use a technology update, please let them know about the contest.