• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New blog on Age of Autism about XMLVs in xenografts

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
I do know of 2 ex-lab workers with ME in different countries. One went on to die of cancer and the other is still alive as far as I am aware. Don't know what they handled though.

Yeh, I guess I shouldn't put too much faith in the testing abilities of the non-WPI labs to actually find MLVs in the the blood of their lab workers. The percentage of those infected could well be much higher than the general public. So the only way we can gauge is through numbers that are getting sick.

gregf

What a coincidence.

New overnight : Someone in the UK is moving to have a committee to control human animal experimentation, and calling for more of the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14232061

Of course they are defending human cancer to mouse xenografts.
Putting human breast tumour cells into mice has allowed researchers to test cancer drugs on human tissue.

And who is involved ?
Professor Christopher Shaw, from King's College London...

Do I smell a weasel ?