• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New blog explaining the immunological and infectious basis of CFS/ME

Good night everyone,
I have opened a new blog where I try to explain the SFC/EM from scratch, along with other diseases. It is still under construction but you can read the posts if you want. Showing how the immune system works in a simple way I try to explain this disease and others. Also that you can better understand the article that I posted on the forum a few months ago. This is the thread of the article:

I recommend this order:
-In the Immune System tab there are a series of sections that explain how the immune system works in a simple way. It is important to read all these sections in the order that comes to be able to understand the SFC/EM.
-Then click on DISEASES where infectious diseases appear and within these, there is the CFS/MS. There for now is only explained the subgroup by Epstein Barr infection and all the consequences, diagnosis etc.

You can follow it if you want via email, twitter or Facebook. You can also share what you want, the more we are and reach more people research, better understand this disease.

A big hug to everyone.

https://foropacientes.com/en/welcome/

Diwi9

Administrator
@Manuel - I was hoping to read a bit more about the three different complement pathways on your site. I am mannose-binding lectin protein deficient (I have the genetic variant and have had the blood test), so am curious how my compliment immune defense operates lacking this pathway. There seemed to be a lot of interest in MLB deficiency some years back, especially in children. Is it not seen as a problem after the immune system "matures" and therefore not a problem for adults?

@Diwi9
"in summary, failures in T‐cell activity or activation are a feature of many diseases that have chronic active EBV infection as a major symptom, suggesting that genes and pathways involved in T‐cell development and regulation may feature further mutations that influence the outcome of primary EBV infection." https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/rmv.1816

That's what I'm talking about. The decrease of the antigenic presentation I and II generated by the Epstein Barr virus in those people susceptible against this pathogen (which depends on the MHC they have), will affect the activation of the T lymphocytes. Hence, we have decreased T lymphocytes cd3+ hla-dr+ (hla-dr+ is a class ii molecule of the MHC that must have when activated).

Besides, any genetic problem that we have as a base, will increase the likelihood of being more susceptible to these intracellular infections (such as herpesvirus) that have good mechanisms of evasion of the immune system. Hence, if you have a deficiency of the mannose-binding lectin protein, which makes you more prone to recurrent infections, it increases the likelihood that your immune system will not control these intracellular infections.
I don't know if this is what you were asking me, since I don't speak English very well. If not, I will be willing to answer you again.

I still have to add more things to the web in the immune system part and other sites. I'm doing it only for what if anyone wants to help will be welcome.