• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New bill SITSA just passed the House will ban research chemicals, nootropics, brain supplemen

pamojja

copied from Longecity:

https://old.reddit.c...dalert_towards/

"“6)Schedule A (A)In general The drug or substance—

(i)has—

(I)a chemical structure that is substantially similar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V; and

(II)an actual or predicted stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V"

So anything that is stimulating, relaxing, or possibly psychoactive that works can be made into a schedule drug within 30 days without the normal procedures for drug scheduling that usually involves the FDA and Department of Health and Human Services,. This covers pretty much all brain supplements, nootropics, and research chemicals. With this we will never see a new brain supplement and nearly all can be removed with a whim.

Here's the full bill. https://www.govtrack...115/hr2851/text

To anyone who values their legal right to access research chemicals, nootropics, brain supplements, kratom, CBD, this is the time to do something. It just cleared the house and the senate is up next after that there is no stopping it.

Sign the online petition here:

https://www.change.o...p-the-sitsa-act

SilverbladeTE

ah good old "Prohibition", puritanical ignorance, still wrecking the world and peoples' lives 90 years after the self righteous hypocritical gits were proven wrong!
/sarcasm mode off
sigh!

UK is currently in midst of finally admitting to the need to decriminalize marijuana

drug problems were never near as bad back in the days when they were LEGAL and you could buy them

should just control distribution to prevent over commercialization (as we've seen with alcohol, letting Big Business control addictive drugs becomes a problem)
recreational drugs should be expensive and somewhat difficult to acquire, and that most definitely includes alcohol
registered addicts should be given their drug free as a prescription, basic form though (much cheaper and safer for society as has been proven REPEATEDLY)
use of such drugs or addiction would be notified or checked for jobs requiring safety, ie, you toke snort or drink, you do not fly commercial airliners for a week, like it or not.
I have very damn little sympathy for ratbags who booze and run down children on the roads, for example...do not pass "go" do not collect $200..go straight to jail.
you want to take recreational drugs, do it at home.

research though...apart from toxicity/safety and fraudulent re-selling concerns, only limits should be sensible ones, not puritanically BS

*points to US becoming by almost all definitions a police state, the collapse of Mexico as a functioning modern state etc, as proof of my position*

Last edited by a moderator: