• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New article on Psychoneuroimmunology

Jody

susan,

I am not all that good at naming things, sometimes a name will click and sometimes it won't. I never know till after the fact, and usually I go by whether anybody else liked it or not. :D

I think you will be the best judge of the name of something so close to your heart. You know what you are setting out to accomplish, what you want to do, and ultimately you are the best and only judge for the name.

Bliss and Happiness are certainly very positive elements to have in a name. If they resonate with you, then you have a good name, to my thinking.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
In my experiences with the EST training (now called the Forum) they were very clear that we will do all sorts of things in order to avoid uncomfortable issues; that includes having headaches, feeling really tired - creating uncomfortable body sensations basically - so we don't have to deal with whatever we're confronted with. I think its probably true.

On the other side negative thoughts can bring those things on as well - I am very clear about that. I think Gupta really takes time - at least for me; first I build small places of wellness - and then slowly expand them. Increased activity/functionality is at the end of the road - first comes feelings of wellness and increased health. :)

I certainly recognize the anxious feelings on publishing; I think they do diminish over time. (Perhaps the best thing for you would be to great some really negative responses early so you can get over worrying about how you'll deal with them. I could certainly help out......:))

Jody

LOL

That's very thoughtful of you, I'm sure. :D

And I am sure you could really de-sensitize me if you set your mind to it.

Just send me a few more of those g-mail blockies and I'm sure that'll sharpen me up. :D

Victoria

Dannybex,

I agree.

I also think that's one of the reasons we all relate so well to each other (well, on this site anyway) - perhaps we have similar personality types. We understand each other, because we are talking to mirror images of ourselves. I don't mean mirror images in the obvious - looks & character traits - I mean mirror images in the subconscious.

I still say, no one understands our pain/fatigue & other health issues like some one who has these health issues themselves.

I have written on Dr Weil's site as well as ProHealth (in the past), but their sites seemed to change over the years. They got too big. They lost the sense of community.

I hope this one remains warm, inviting & caring - the way a "community" is meant to be.

I also like this site in that everyone respects each other's opinion (even if they might disagree in private?).

(I also panicked every time I wrote a post, but I've now settled down to a comfortable mindset.)

Victoria