• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new article on CFS and Orthostatic Intolerance

Lisa

Jody,

I first started having OI about three years after becoming ill. Went to see the doctor - who did nothing. >.< Well... he did suggest increasing my salt intake at least, but couldn't tell me anything more. It was along the lines of "I don't know what this is, or how to fix it, or why it happens, but try some extra salt because sometimes my patients tell me they found it to help."

I think I would have preferred to hear it was a "little autonomic glitch" instead of I don't know. When your heart starts racing because you are standing still some where, you don't want to hear "I don't know" as the reason.

Thanks for the link Jody! :D

Lisa :)

Jody

Lisa,

You're very welcome. :)

Do you think we should tell Cort that I have yet again cited one of his articles in my list of resources?

Jody

Lisa,

You are assuming he will read this thread. :D

Unless it has "Birthday Meatloaf" in the title, he'll never see it.:p