• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neuropathic pain and NFAT - FIBROMIALGIA related?

natasa778

Brain Behav Immun. 2010 Mar 27. [Epub ahead of print]
Insights into the regulation of chemokine receptors by molecular signaling pathways: Functional roles in neuropathic pain.

Inflammation plays a central role in the manner that the nervous system responds to injury. These effects include vasodilatation, increased vascular permeability, plasma extravasation, cell migration, and pain. Extracellular signals associated with inflammation may also lead to increased levels of pro-nociceptive chemokines/receptors that directly contribute to persistent or chronic pain behavior. To date, research focused on improving the treatment of chronic pain has largely ignored the role of inflammation-associated transcription factors such as nuclear transcription factor in activated T cells (NFAT). Herein we discuss the idea that activation of this transcription factor may be responsible for the production of chemokines receptors in both neuronal and non-neuronal cells of the peripheral nervous system. Taken together, a better understanding of the transcription of these pro-nociceptive genes may lead to the development of novel analgesic targets. Copyright 2010 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. PMID: 20347955 White FA, Miller RJ.
Department of Anesthesia, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA; Stark Neuroscience Research Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA.

posting this as NFAT is another integration site of xmrv...

Mithriel

Despite PW's assertions, neuropathic pain, as well as muscle and joint pain, has always been a feature of ME.

This could be more evidence that XMRV causes a lot of our symptoms.

I suppose it could be relevant to fibromyalgia as well.

Mithriel