• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neuroinflammation, pain, fatigue - podcast w younger and carri

ljimbo423

Sorry, don't know the answers to the questions being asked. I know very little of the details of Jarred Youngers' work but I think he has a big piece of the puzzle!:)

Although my feeling is the brain inflammation is downstream of the immune system activation.

Learner1

Has Jarred Younger had luck treating me-patients with LDN or primarly FM?
Does anyone know what subgroup og patients (ie characteristica widespread pain/sensitivity/gut-problems) that are most likely to benefit from LDN? I get temgesic (subutex) for pain, but have to give that up if I shall try LDN and wonder if anyone knows the odds for it to ease synothoms.
From my understanding, LDN is an immunomodulator, not necessarily a cure for pain. People have good and had effects from ir - I take the average dose, which is 4.5mg daily, but cant say I feel much from it.

My understanding of pain is that it has to do with either the nervous system reacting or possibly mitochondrial or membrane damage.

Many of us have oxidative and nitrosative stress, damaged cell and mitochondrial membranes, and/or autoimmune antibodies which cause a variety of unpleasant symptoms, including pain. Investigating these various problem s with the help of a doctor who practices functional medicine might be very helpful.
Ps very uncharacteristic suicidal thoughts occour here as well when the head feel like exploding and all sounds are unbearable. Not depressed, just "too much pain & exhaustion to carry"
Neurological symptoms can be very unpleasant. They can be driven by nutrient deficiencies or imbalances, microglial inflammation, leaky blood brain barrier related to leaky gut, infections, and autoimmune antibodies. A thorough investigation of these problems and righting the abnormalities found can make a hugely positive difference in neurological symptoms. Again, a functional medicine doctor can be a great help.

HowToEscape?

If you have the other issues but not pain, does that mean your body does not have this particular inflammatory process? The other parts match up very well, but generalized pain or specific unusual pain, nope.