• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neotame: The New Aspartame Hidden in Your Food

Carrigon

http://farmwars.info/?p=4897

USDA Certified Organics Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

By Barbara H. Peterson

Farm Wars

Just when we thought that buying Organic was safe, we run headlong into the deliberate poisoning of our organic food supply by the FDA in collusion with none other than the folks who brought us Aspartame. NutraSweet, a former Monsanto asset, has developed a new and improved version of this neurotoxin called Neotame.

Neotame has similar structure to aspartame except that, from its structure, appears to be even more toxic than aspartame. This potential increase in toxicity will make up for the fact that less will be used in diet drinks. Like aspartame, some of the concerns include gradual neurotoxic and immunotoxic damage from the combination of the formaldehyde metabolite (which is toxic at extremely low doses) and the excitotoxic amino acid. (Holisticmed.com)

But surely, this product would be labeled! NOT SO!!! For this little gem, no labeling required. And it is even included in USDA Certified Organic food.

The food labeling requirements required for aspartame have now been dropped for Neotame, and no one is clear why this was allowed to happen. Neotame has been ruled acceptable, and without being included on the list of ingredients, for:

* USDA Certified Organic food items.
* Certified Kosher products with the official letter k inside the circle on labels. (Janet Hull)

Neotame does not have to be included in ANY list of ingredients! So, if you buy processed food, whether USDA Certified Organic or not, that food most likely will contain Neotame because it is cost-effective, and since no one knows it is there, there is no public backlash similar to what is happening with Aspartame.

Carrigon

It's already being added to most frozen fruits and veggies. So if you happen to get panic attacks at night after eating frozen strawberries, there it is. And if you start getting irritated bladder after eating frozen veggies, that's what it is.

Monsanto is determined to poison us one way or the other. They are making sure we get a daily dose of poison.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I find Farm Wars to be alarmist and a completely unreliable source of information...

The NOP Organic Insider

Announcement
January 6, 2011

Greetings!

The National Organic Program has received inquiries concerning Internet claims that the artificial sweetener Neotame is allowed in organic foods.

To clarify, it is NOT permitted in organic foods or foods labeled "made with organic [specified ingredient or food group]," nor is it permitted in organic livestock feed.

Carrigon

If they aren't funded by Monsanto in some way, then I'll believe it. Then again, the only way I'd really believe it is to have the food tested. Because I've already had health problems off produce that is supposedly free of anything.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If they aren't funded by Monsanto in some way, then I'll believe it. Then again, the only way I'd really believe it is to have the food tested. Because I've already had health problems off produce that is supposedly free of anything.

Yeah, I understand your skepticism.