• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help to develop a B12 Protocol

My doc recommended I take 5000 mcg of B12 sublingually to improve nutritional status and to reduce inflammatory signaling in order to improve mental function but I’m not sure which products to use.

My symptoms include:
Inflammation: (psoriasis, dermatitis, crohn’s, peyronies)
Hypothyroidism
Mood instability
Depressed mood
Anxiety
Lack of energy
Difficulty thinking and concentrating
Impaired memory
Tension
Lack of libido
Erectile disfunction
Insomnia
Restlessness
Dry skin

My doc also has me starting desiccated thyroid, pentoxifyline (to reduce inflammatory signaling to improve function), Plaquenil in 2 months (to reduce inflammatory signaling to improve function. Disease modifier for autoimmune illness), Tenex (to improve restorative sleep), as well as supplementing with nutrients that are lacking in my diet (50mg of ferrous glycinate with 1000mg of C every night, 25,000 IU of vit A every morning, 500mg of vit C every morning, 10,000 iu vit D every morning with food, and 2400mg of omega 3 fish oil every morning).

I should add that my blood pressure is slightly on the low side

Here are the blood tests that I’ll be getting:

Free T4, TSH, Free T3, Total T3, Total T4
Cortisol AM, DHEA-S, Pregnenolone, Progesterone
Total Testosterone, Free testosterone, SHBG, Sensitive estradiol, LH, FSH
Hemoglobin A1c, Fasting Insulin
Comprehensive metabolic panel, CBC, lipid panel, urinalysis
Ferritin, Serum Iron
Vitamin A (total retinol)
Vitamin D 25-hydroxy, vitamin D 1, 25 Dihydroxy, Parathyroid Hormone
Vitamin B12, Folote
Plasma Zinc, Ceruloplasmin

ANA Reflex planel, rheumatoid Factor
Gliadin Peptide Antibodies (IgG, IgA), Anti-Tissue Trasnglutaminase Antibodies (IgG, IgA)
Histone Antibodies, Total IgA
Candida Antibodies (IgG, IgA, IgM or what is available)
Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies (ASCA) IgG

Any others that should be added?

PointsNorth

Paulo
Drew, your testing looks excellent. Quite a few people on this forum have reported that the transdermal oil is excellent. Hopefully I'll get my order delivered this week.

Gondwanaland

@drew look up postings by the members caledonia and ahmo. They have useful documents attached to their signatures. Download and read them. I especially recommend "Start Low and Go Slow".