• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help desperately with a detox problem

Hi all,

It appears that when i kill off infections in my body my body is completely unable to detox, it is like i will take things IV myer cocktail, cleanses, infrared sauna and herbs and then some time after especially during full moon etc i will be dumped with tons of toxins, sometimes this reaction is delayed. It also happens after a bath or shower.

The problem is i dont recover from it, i get dumped with worsening symptoms. Sometimes i have noticed a strange smell in my nose which i have read somewhere could be a detox issue. I do detox like crazy with supplements ranging from activated charcoal to chlorella etc, i dont want to list them all here.

I do take B12, NAC and Choline as well but not feeling any different...
Is it possible i have gene defect that doesn't recognize toxins? How would i know?

When this toxin dump happens my muscles tighten more, increases muscular pain, weakness, and sort of spazzes my back up to the point i look like a hunch back, including more brain fog. It depends on how much die off there is at once.

What is it i am missing, is there something in the detox pathways i need to address here?

I am wondering if anymore experienced members here may intuitiely have an idea of what is going on and if there are specific tests or supplements they may suggest even if just for relief.. could it be faulty liver, faulty lymphs etc?

I certainly dont feel like i have ever gotten better from this disease with any detoxing, even the infrared sauna makes me feel worse, only worse.

Thank you

Wishful

Are you 100% sure that toxins are involved? You could be experiencing other reactions, such as immune system activation, or build up or depletion of ordinary nutrients that cause imbalances that result in your symptoms.

Detoxing is a popular fad, but that doesn't mean that it's something that most people need to do, or which most people can significantly benefit from. Since you say that you haven't gotten any benefits from detoxing, I suggest not doing it anymore. Have another look at your symptoms and responses to various factors (foods, supplements, etc) without assuming that it's a toxin issue.

valentinelynx

I agree with @Wishful that "toxins" is often an oversimplified answer to what may be a different issue, including MCAS. However, if it is toxin related, it may be that your lymphatic system is sluggish. Look into methods of improving lymphatic drainage to perform after you have interventions believed to release toxins from tissues.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
When this toxin dump happens my muscles tighten more, increases muscular pain, weakness, and sort of spazzes my back up to the point i look like a hunch back, including more brain fog.

Those sound like symptoms of increased oxidative stress. Magnesium might help with the muscle tightness -- either orally, or as magnesium oil applied directly over the muscles, or both. Potassium might be useful as well.

You may just be doing too much too fast and your body can't handle it. A treatment that helps one person within days may take months or even years for another depending on their level of health. That second person would require a more gentle approach to overwhelming their body.