• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need advice quite urgently

Gingergrrl

Histamine, and other amines are helpful, not dangerous.

Histamine can be extremely dangerous (even life-threatening) if you have MCAS or IgE mediated allergic reactions that can cause anaphylaxis. I have no idea if the original poster's partner has MCAS but if she does, it could be unsafe to eat high histamine foods.

I have encountered others who do not believe that MCAS is a real illness, so I am not going to spend a lot of time defending it, but histamine (and other amines) can be dangerous, or even life threatening, in someone who gets anaphylaxis. It would be negligent of me not to mention that in case it is relevant to the OP or anyone reading this thread in the future.

lafarfelue

Am bowing out of this thread and don't have time to spend trying to prove why histamine is dangerous for someone with MCAS or allergic reactions. I'm not even certain if you are asking legitimately wanting to learn more about it or some other reason.
I've missed what's gone on, unless there are posts here by someone I've previously blocked.
Sorry you feel the need to leave this thread, that's a bummer. (Perhaps it's worth considering blocking anyone who gives you so much grief?)