• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

nausea just at night anyone?

Min

Does anyone else have nausea, but just at night please? It's a new one to me although I've had insomnia for years.

valia

Does anyone else have nausea, but just at night please? It's a new one to me although I've had insomnia for years.

Hi Min, I do, admittedly not so much lately but still 5 to 6 times a month.

I actually wake up vomiting. :eek:

Another thing which is scary although used to it now, I wake up unable to swallow, saliva pours out of my mouth as I cant swallow it down, this lasts for an hour or so, if I keep trying to swallow I will vomit, so I just put a towel on my pillow and let it pour.

I have always thought these were symptoms of Lyme but maybe not?

Min

Thank you Valia, I'm so sorry you are experiencing these symptoms - they sound absolutely dreadful.

(I do have a diagnosis of Lyme & am trying to self treat with herbs as the UK medical authorities will not recognise it exists)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Post nasal drip into the stomach, full of bacteria, can definitely create nausea and stomach upset, and contribute to insomnia--caused by the neuro-toxic effect of the bacteria. When I started using a netti pot at night before bed, this ended my sinus problems, which stopped the nausea.

If you want more info about this, Jody has just written a great article on the topic of SINUS IRRIGATION: http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...cle-on-ncubator.ca-quot-Sinus-Irrigation-quot

Here's how you use a netti pot. Not easy at first, but well worth the learning curve!

neti-pot-5.jpg

willow

Min, I had ME as a child.

Before the ME I had lots of signs of toxicity and violent, mainly noctural, nausea was one of them. I'd often wake up vomitting. nothing as sedate as feeling a bit queasy and needing a bucket beside my bed, it would be sudden..... Now remembering that the daytime nausea wasn't nearly as violent. Often I wouldn't have just 1 episode a night but 2 or 3.