• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Natural' antiretrovirals?

Artesunate dosing?

How is Dr. Cheney using artesunate again...? (I read it somewhere on this site, but don't recall where.)

And how does artesunate differ from artemisin (which some Lyme patients take for Babesia)...? Is there any problem with taking both at the same time?

2bushes

Hi,

Lacriciden (chemical name monlaurin) is found in mother's milk. Lauricidin is said to be antibacterial and antiviral. According to Dr. Jon Kabara it can desolve the envelope of a virus. Key Lauricidin in your search engine or I think the site is www.lauriciden.com . They are also very happy to speak with you there, even Dr. Kabara . I have started at 1/4 scoop.

Margaret

SunnyGal

Lauricidin gave me such a herx I had to start at just one of the tiny pellets. Very potent stuff. A friend told me he called the company and they suggested warming the Lauricidin in a bit of coconut oil to increase it's activity. My friend said this did increase his herx. I've not tried it myself but thought I'd pass the info along.

Sunny

shannah

Sunny - are you still taking the Lauricidin? If so for how long and how many pellets have you worked up to? What has been you're overall experience with it? Any benefits?

Shannah

SunnyGal

Shannah,

I was only on Lauricidin for 4 months. I had to bump up very slowly and only managed to get to 22 pellets twice a day. I could only increase it by 1 pellet every 3 days. If I went faster I got a killer headache that nothing would touch. My doctor took me off of it when she started me on Betulinic acid instead.

In the short amount of time I was on it I didn't see any improvements. I believe this is because my viral load was so very high that just 4 months on Lauricidin and at such a small dose was not enough to make a big enough dent in my viral load.

If I weren't on the Betulinic acid I would definitely still be taking the Lauricidin. All of my 3 excellent doctors say it does a very good job at addressing viruses.

Sunny

shannah

Thanks for the report Sunny. I too have had to go slowly and I know the killer headaches you're talking about. I have one right now. Lauricidin has been the ONLY thing that has ever managed to touch the (ever increasing) inflammation and beginning to lower it. For that I am so thankful. The inflammation was at an explosive level and I was so fearful of heading for a major heart episode or stroke.

Now I'm curious about the Betulinic Acid. Is this a natural substance available to purchase? What are the benefits you've experienced?

shannah

2bushes

Hi Sunny,

Yes, some people have to go very slowly, one friend stated at one pellet and worked up. She now grinds it into a powder and seems okay with that. She has been taking it a long time, in fact told me about it. It is suppose to be taken with food as well, and I forgot that at first. I was hit hard.

I have also read a lot about MMS .ulti-mineral Solutions, it has been said to cure malaria.... well so does artemisia and wormwood. I think they are in the nerw Cheney protocol. Does anyone know anything about this?

Margaret

P

Patience

Hi ,
I've taken artesunate , isatis , gan mao ling , curing , Astra Isatis minor Blue, . None are fighting X. But they do beat away coxsackie flu, cold sores , some herpetic , coninfections . I'm X + plus opportunistic infections. I've been searching if you find one let me know. These also work on NKC but only for a week then I have to go back in and get another. Atrtesunate gets swine flu really well. Oxygen helps but doesn't fix. :Retro smile:

SunnyGal

Thanks for the report Sunny. I too have had to go slowly and I know the killer headaches you're talking about. I have one right now. Lauricidin has been the ONLY thing that has ever managed to touch the (ever increasing) inflammation and beginning to lower it. For that I am so thankful. The inflammation was at an explosive level and I was so fearful of heading for a major heart episode or stroke.

Now I'm curious about the Betulinic Acid. Is this a natural substance available to purchase? What are the benefits you've experienced?

shannah

Hi Shannah,

I'm curious how you knew you had ever increasing inflammation. Could you feel it, or what symptoms did you have. That's great that Lauricidin helps with that so much.

Betulinic acid is one of the plant stem cell products my doctor has me on. It's a natural substance but sold only through clinicians. This is the company: http://www.plantstemcells.net/ It's supposed to help address XMRV. My doctor said that it will bust up a tumor in about 6 months and it's also used for HIV. So, it takes awhile for it to work. You can do a search for HIV and betulinic acid and some info will come up.

I've been on it about 4-5 months (counting a slow ramp up and having to cut my dose in half for a couple of weeks due to low WBC). During that time I developed a big mold issue (much as slayadragon talks about when going on anti-virals) and that's made it harder to know how it's working for me so far. I did have some flu-like sysmptoms when I first started on it so it would seem that it does hit some virus or other. We'll see how it goes over the next several more months.

Sunny

C

Cloud

I get great results with 1 capsule of Monolaurin which contains a fraction the dose of Lauric acid found in Lauricidin. I would imagine Lauricidin to pack quite a punch and likely to be too much for me at this point. I could see taking several months to get up the level of needing and being able to tolerate Lauricidin.....Lauric acid is the best natural substance I have found so far....good stuff. I'm also very interested in the plant stem cell therapy and all other natural antiviral ideas. Thanks everyone.

mojoey

Cheney seems to think artesunate works on X. I have my doubts. I think he means it works on the redox environment, hence disallowing X or any other viruses from being active. If that were the case, patient taking arteminisins and wormwood would've been cured a long time ago.

Chris

artemisinin and artesunate

Hi, abc123; I think Cheney recommends 1 x 500 mg Artesunate on M, W, and F, with swish and spit Wormwood elixir on T, Th, Sat; Sunday is a sabbatical. I don't think taking both Artesunate and Artemisinin is recommended--the evidence suggests that Artesunate is both more powerful and safer than Artemisinin, and doubling up would be likely to get you into trouble. Check the info on the Artesunate thread under Antivirals for more info. Best, Chris

shannah

Hi Shannah,

I'm curious how you knew you had ever increasing inflammation. Could you feel it, or what symptoms did you have. That's great that Lauricidin helps with that so much.

Betulinic acid is one of the plant stem cell products my doctor has me on. It's a natural substance but sold only through clinicians. This is the company: http://www.plantstemcells.net/ It's supposed to help address XMRV. My doctor said that it will bust up a tumor in about 6 months and it's also used for HIV. So, it takes awhile for it to work. You can do a search for HIV and betulinic acid and some info will come up.

I've been on it about 4-5 months (counting a slow ramp up and having to cut my dose in half for a couple of weeks due to low WBC). During that time I developed a big mold issue (much as slayadragon talks about when going on anti-virals) and that's made it harder to know how it's working for me so far. I did have some flu-like sysmptoms when I first started on it so it would seem that it does hit some virus or other. We'll see how it goes over the next several more months.

Sunny

The ID doctor I saw a few years ago labelled it as such and it just seemed to get continually worse with my eyeballs feeling like they were going to burst. The veins on my arms & hands were usually huge. The skin (mostly on my trunk but also on my hands and feet) was red and burning hot with a great deal of numbness in the extremeities. Everything got much worse everytime I ate. Now all of this still happens but to a lesser extent and as I increase the lauricidin these symptoms continue to lessen in severity. So it's tackling something critical.

Thanks for the link on the Bitulinic Acid. I'd never heard of it before but I did google it and it sounds interesting. I'll keep any eye out for your reports in the future. Hope you make some movement forward.

shannah

mojoey

I am not talking about immunovira from altacare but from Better Health (saliva-testing.org). The latter produces an herbal blend that has no drug component.

Speaking of immunovir, do you guys know where the cheapest source is?

cfs since 1998

I am not talking about immunovira from altacare but from Better Health (saliva-testing.org). The latter produces an herbal blend that has no drug component.

Speaking of immunovir, do you guys know where the cheapest source is?

goldpharma.com

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Update my herbal treatment of XMRV

Hi Everybody,

I haven't been posting lately but wanted to give an interesting update on my herbal treatment for XMRV. Partly I haven't posted because a patient from Spain came to stay with me in order to get treated for ME/CFS in the USA and we have been comparing notes and scheming against ME/CFS together. He is also a forum member (serg1942) and himself hosts a Spanish forum on CFS/ME.

Last Nov/Dec I tested positive for XMRV through kinesiological testing against a sample vial of XMRV. My doctor, who is trained by and works closely with both Drs. Klinghardt and Cowden, tested me at that time for a remedy that would control XMRV. He found that a complex herbal mixture from Monastery of Herbs (#67) should be effective. He has at least 10 other patients he is treating for XMRV and while most of them respond to this remedy, some do not and need another remedy. I took this remedy orally and when tested a month later, tested negative against XMRV. This is a quantitative measurement i.e. the amount of XMRV in me was less than in the sample vial.

However, XMRV is known to usually only be found at low levels in those affected and I didn't notice symptomatic changes. I saw my doctor again last week and this time again tested positive for XMRV. Taking the herbal remedy orally had not been easy for me though it was manageable (I had side-effects, die-off, who knows what!) This time my doctor proposed giving me the same remedy but energetically using a method devised by Dr. Klinghardt. He also tested my friend and he was also positive for XMRV. So he treated both of us with this new method, which to give a brief description, goes like this:

Perspex blocks are placed to the left and right of the seated patient. The block on the patient's left has holes drilled which are sized to hold different containers holding samples and also in a geometrical pattern corresponding to all parts of the body. The block on the patient's right is solid.

After testing the patient through kinesiology and getting a positive for XMRV, the practitioner tests different remedies until he/she finds one that deactivates XMRV in the patient's body. The practitioner then places a sample of the remedy in the perspex block on the patient's left, then uses a simple red laser (the class II type laser available at office supply stores devised as pointers for presentations) to potentiate the remedy by passing the laser through the remedy and then over all the areas of the persplex block. My doctor took about 30 seconds to rotate the laser beam clockwise and then counterclockwise over the remedy and the block. With this technique, the energetic signature of the remedy passes through to patient to the persplex block on the patient's right.

When tested afterwards with kinesiology, the remedy can be detected in all parts of the body, and the patient no longer tests positive for XMRV.

Sounds pretty "woo-woo" right? As my friend and I watched, we thought to ourselves, "This is science fiction!" But...a few hours later we began feeling like crap, and remained glued to couches for the rest of the day. However, my friend, who has had continuous nausea for years, started having real hunger pangs that evening and "had to eat." We both peed copiously throughout the day and needed dark glasses in the house due to light sensitivity.

My doctor loaned us the equipment so that we could continue the treatment at home until he could order it for us. So we did another treatment the next day and had the same results: KO'ed on couches, sensitive eyes, copious pee and, for my friend, hunger pangs again and no nausea. After the second treatment we both slept exceptionally deeply for over 8 hours. However, the next day my friend, who rarely manages to get dressed before evening, woke up and felt like going to the gym. He worked out strenuously for 2 hours then went grocery shopping for another hour and a half. I, meanwhile, swam laps in the pool and then cleaned the house! (this is not normal behavior for either of us!)

Yes, it is tempting to get excited about this (and in fact we are), but what it does indicate to us is that whatever is happening, we are onto something interesting. Perhaps XMRV is a significant player in ME/CFS? Perhaps lowering the viral load will reduce our symptoms? We don't know, but will continue to use ourselves as guinea pigs with this treatment to try to discover the way to get the optimal response.

This experience also spurs us along to try to convince a team to develop a homeopathic nosode of XMRV, as, in theory, a nosode would be more effective than the remedy we are using. I have written to a very experienced M.D. who is an internist-turned-practitioner-of-classical-homeopathy. He is also a DAN doctor and replied that he thought that a nosode of XMRV could quite possibly be effective. We are presently seeking to find support from other practitioners and researchers for this venture.

We'd love to hear from anyone else with ideas about developing a nosode and/or experience with treating XMRV through related means. We are interested in these options because they may be available to us as patients more quickly than a pharmaceutical anti-retroviral. Anti-retrovirals, of course, may be very promising but take longer to develop and test, and as patients, every day of suffering counts. Also, many of us are very sensitive to medications and may tolerate energy or homeopathic treatments more easily.

That is the short story! I'll post again after we receive our own equipment. Our doctor lives in another city and we have to overnight the equipment he loaned us back to him tomorrow.

Best,
Sushi

C

Cloud

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing Sushi....I look forward to following your progress. This is an amazing response and is indeed quite diagnostic. Hoping this progress continues for you both.

Jenny

Thanks Sushi - that's very interesting.

Can I ask - how are you and Sergio doing on the LDN? Sounds like Sergio hasn't been too good after making good progress on it. It was mainly his and your experiences on this that led me to try it. (I understand if you're not comfortable posting about someone else's progress!)

Jenny