• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

nails becoming stronger under suplementation

pattismith

I started supplementation in May and Benfotiamine in July, and tonight I observed my nails that were always fine and soft are getting stronger (I am 50, and always had to cut them short or they rip).

I wonder if it could be one other benefit I got from Benfotiamine, or if it's another supplement.

It's like if I got nails for the first time in my life, I can feel them when I scratch my skin...:woot:

NotThisGuy

Every anti-glycation supplement seems to increase utilization of Vitamin K.
I think thats why your nails get stronger with B1.
Experienced the same + stronger teeth.

Diwi9

Administrator
My nails are significantly stronger since I began supplementing. I noticed they were weaker over the years since I became sick, but I was undiagnosed for seven of those years. Now people comment on my nails. At least it is one external sign that interventions are somehow helping.

boolybooly

My nails have been a problem since onset, corrugations and splitting and layering etc.

Ron Davies said that his study showed a biotin deficiency in his sons metabolic profile which would correspond with that. I have been trying biotin supps without much success. I will have to look this up later and see if there is a link with thiamine B1 / benfotiamine.

Sundancer

strange...My nails have always been strong and since my health went south they have seemed to grow faster ( and thicker, with even thicker and harder ridges)
(or maybe it's just the lack of energy that makes me think, do I have to cut them again already...:(:))