• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nagalase/GcMaf 101

soulfeast

I am behind as usual. This topic was over my head and had not tested. Test just in for nagalase and mine is 1.70. I am shocked. I thought I had nailed my illness down to mold toxins and mast cell disorder-pots-eds since I have consistantly high levels of mycotoxins via Real Time Lab testing and sine mast cell interventions have improved my POTS and reactivity to mold. So I am trying to catch up with you all!

Can this be a fluke? A mistake? Could a cold have caused a 1.70 reading or would it take a more intense viral infection? We had something going around in my family maybe at that time (maybe not.. can't remember and didn't make a mental note of it)

Where does one go from here with a 1.70 reading? I have been sick since 2005 (start of my attacks which I thought were mast cell attcks). I progressed to worse after 6 months of lyme and babesia treatment. I had mold in my house at the time (around 2007-2009). CFS set in maybe around 2009. That's when the mitochondrial damage started being evident (respiratory one complex). I have not tested positive for viruses except for high titers for EBV IgG.

Thank you for any info..

Symptomatic

Well, you're right there with me. I tested at 1.80 this time last year. Started the Homeo KMAF, and down to 1.20 earlier this year.

Was going to get retested this week, but I have a cold. Doc suggested waiting for the retest until I've been feeling well for 10 days - not positive the cold will affect the test, but don't want to take the chance.

GcMAF Australia

I expect that a cold maybe shows that your nagalase is high 9although possibly also contributing to it)
Some in the Lyme community find that they only get colds when the Lyme treatment is working
?
dont know if this helps

maryb

iherb code TAK122
my nagalase was 2.5 earlier on this year - it was 2.1 - 9 months earlier so I' m going in the wrong direction too.

Symptomatic

Symptomatic

Thank you! Please post your results. Are there instructions for taking this?

The text on the bottle is in German. Best I can figure, it says to take 6 drops, 3X/day, not within 10 minutes of eating. I started out taking 5 drops, once a day. After a month, I increased to 5 drops, 2X/day. After another month, I moved up to 10 drops, 2X/day, where I've stayed. If my bloodwork shows that my nagalase is still going down, I'll stick with this dose.