• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NADH without the H

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Now brand have a product called NAD, it differs in that more is absorbed from the gut but i dont know how this makes it any better as its taken sublingually/absorbed under the tongue. The product is alot cheaper ($15 x 60tabs) then other nadh brands of the same strength(25mg). I took my first dose around noon today, before this was feeling abit sluggish a little bit brain foggy but not to bad just my normal below par. Anyway i think this gave me a little boost, my head felt clearer for a few hours and generally felt abit more upbeat, its nothing startling but i think worth the effort. I will give it another try tomorrow morning and put it in my work bag for when i feel crappy in the afternoon. I will use it for a few more days before i make a full judgement as its hard to know with supplements if its placebo or not, im hoping it will be good for lawn mowing days, lol.

cheers

camas

Thanks for the info, heapsreal. I take NADH every day and it is expensive. If NAD would work as well for considerably less, that would certainly help the supplement budget!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i took the nad to work with me today, i took a dose this morning and another later in the day when my feet were dragging. What i noticed was abit more mental clarity for a few hours, a kickstart for the morning was the help i needed. It is a very suttle effect, not caffeine type stimulating at all. I think as an energy boost for cfs its ok but benefits are probably things we dont notice, like its antioxidant effects, which u dont get from stimulants and stimulants increase oxidation plus tend to push us out of our barriers using borrowed energy, which i dont think i would get from nad. But i will say that at the end of the day i was still knackered but it was a busy day and the nad was a nice little lift that i needed during a tiring day. I relate it to the coffee drinker who needs a lunch time coffee to get through the day. I will continue to use it on an as needs basis.

cheers!!!