• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mysterious Immune Cells Change the Gut Lining to Accommodate Diet

Sledgehammer

Good question. It sounds better for the environment, but will it prove to be one of those things that a decade or so along will be found to cause cancer or other nasty health problems?

That's a good question. But, and a big but, will it be any different to the already hormone / chemical injected junk we are fed at present?

Wishful

One problem is that hormones and other chemicals fed/injected into animals is regulated. Chemicals used in chemical vats may have laxer regulations. Animals have fanatical animal rights groups watching carefully; chemical vats have no vat rights groups.

Sledgehammer

One problem is that hormones and other chemicals fed/injected into animals is regulated. Chemicals used in chemical vats may have laxer regulations. Animals have fanatical animal rights groups watching carefully; chemical vats have no vat rights groups.

Regulated or not. Is it safe to ingest I wonder. My guess is it isn't, hence the gut realted issues we see today.

Sledgehammer

Seeing my newly found Sports Dietitian again today.

The list of issues is endless so he might struggle to make a recommendation. CBD oil has been mentioned.
I'm still waiting for my gut test results but nothing yet. I think I'll hold off on the Dietiticans meetings after today until I get those lab results. (Was hoping they'd be here by now)

Last edited:

Wishful

Regulated or not. Is it safe to ingest I wonder.

Regulations are supposed to be based on testing. Testing for effects on humans gets the highest priority. Testing for animals gets a lower, but still significant priority. Testing on chemical vats has none. The product would get testing for effects on humans, but such testing isn't perfect, so using various unmonitored chemicals in the process could result in residual compounds that the testing process doesn't even know to look for.

The real results come from statistical analysis decades after introduction. "Hmmm, 33% of consumers report having alien creatures erupt out of their chest cavities. Maybe we need more product testing..."

Sledgehammer

Regulations are supposed to be based on testing. Testing for effects on humans gets the highest priority. Testing for animals gets a lower, but still significant priority. Testing on chemical vats has none. The product would get testing for effects on humans, but such testing isn't perfect, so using various unmonitored chemicals in the process could result in residual compounds that the testing process doesn't even know to look for.

The real results come from statistical analysis decades after introduction. "Hmmm, 33% of consumers report having alien creatures erupt out of their chest cavities. Maybe we need more product testing..."

Never fancied bleach in my chowder after the machinery has been cleaned. And I'm unsure what the procedures are in the UK since the laws haven't been updated since 1999. We have amendments, but it's more to do with food packaging and labelling.

I'll read the labels just to ensure no chest erupting Alien is in the products :wide-eyed:

Back to my organic porridge oats with Almond milk it is then, just to be on the safe side.......

Sledgehammer

I had my full gut test (GI360) back today and it's 15 pages long :jaw-drop:
Was it worth the money, yes I think so. The report alone is extensive.

I will have to pass this to my GP to see what He / She thinks and take it from there.
It's a lot to take in so I'll be scanning the documents over the weekend.

Key findings are as follows.

Dysbiosis Index Score 3
Escherichia spp., Very High
Blastocystis spp., Observed
Clostridia Class, Very Low
Secretory IgA, Very Low
Parabacteroides spp., Very High
Eubacterium hallii, Very High