• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Myostatin Inhibitor MYO-X -- Side Effects?

LaurelB

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any potential, negative side effects from taking Myostatin Inhibitor MYO-X ? My fiance has severe ME and recently tried this product. He started with small doses for about a week and seemed fine. The night after taking a full dose, however, his symptoms got significantly worse. He is experiencing severe brain fog, tinnitus, headaches, dizziness, poor sleep (much worse than usual), digestive issues (burping and heartburn), occasional rapid heart and some chest pain. He's not certain if it's from the supplement, or just a really bad, unexplained crash. He's had these symptoms from crashes before, but not to this extent, nor this extended. The timing makes it seem like the MYO-X could be the cause. He stopped taking it immediately, but the symptoms persist. He is too sick to go to the doctor right now. Any thoughts on any potential side effects/other mechanisms this supplement could have affected? I'm very worried. Thanks for any input.

adreno

PR activist
I am not aware of any evidence that the supplement actually works as a myostatin inhibitor. It is made from egg yolk. I don't think it has been pasteurized. Is it possible that your fiance could have caught some sort of infection from it?