• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MYCOTOXIN Lab results are back , please help!

Peyt

Hi,
I have attached the test results. Basically Aflatoxin and Gliotoxin are elevated and Trichothecene is Equivocal... Based on some reading on my own I just started taking a small amount of Activated Charcoal and am planning to increase it gradually to 1 capsule (560mg) by next week... I am also looking at Bentonite Clay and Chlorella (if I can tolerate)

Any tips would be appreciated it.... Do you recommend anything else?
How about the time period? How long is one suppose to take them? (assuming they can tolerate) ? Is mold something that can go away in a month or is this a long term (6 months to a year) process? (assuming there is no longer an exposure to mold) ... once the supplements are stopped does it come back? ... I would appreciate any insight .... thanks so much,
Peyt

Attachments

• lab.png
    lab.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 48
I'm guessing its a 6 month + thing Peyt. I've been on binders for 2 years but I haven't gotten out of exposure.

I like bentonite, which does get aflatoxin, gliotoxin and trichothecene's. Charcoal and chlorella don't get trichothecene's. I think bentonite might not pull out your vitamins also. Plus it gets BPA if I remember right.

Low carb diets are recommended by some mold docs.

If you haven't already, check out Toxic by Neil Nathan. The chapter on mold there is very good.