• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My XMRV Results

Jim

Azt

sue,

i was in an ampligen trial 8 years ago outside philly. turns out i was on the placebo for 8 months, but then got the drug for 6 months. unfortunately, it gave me a fever every time. it over-stimulated an anti-viral pathway and did not help.

i did not get an antibody test. just pcr and culture.

as for azt, i know my doc won't prescribe it. besides, i see it can have a negative effect on mitochondria, and mine are already quite dysfunctional. but i saw there's another anti-retroviral drug out soon and 1 out hopefully next year, both apparently less dangerous. and i am also eager to see what the wpi comes up with as a strategy to combat xmrv in the coming months. of course, i want to start something this very second, but after 25 years, if i knew i would get better in a year, well, that is an excitiing prospect to think about. this housebound crap has to go. ;)

oh, and i tried valcyte and it didn't help. i'm on valtrex and it may be helping a bit.

good luck with your test! let us know how it turns out.

cheers.

Jim

RNase L

sue,

my rnase l activity and low molecular weight rnase l presence were also quite high. and my nk cell activity is low.

i was hoping getting a fever from ampligen could be a good thing, but alas, like 50 other treatments, i got no benefit. but yes, i'm still hopeful. things are finally picking up for us, with xmrv, gene expression findings and associated treatment possibilities, etc. lots going on right now. finally.

cheers.