• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My teeth are a mess

Sean

I have had 4 teeth out (3 of them wisdom teeth). Longest any of them took was about 5-6 minutes (a wisdom tooth). That one was a bit rough and the dentist said it was unusually difficult to extract. The other 3 took only 1-3 minutes and were no big problem.

It is not fun, but it rarely takes long.

douglasmich

I have noticed that if i do oil pulling i get some tooth pain in the wisdom tooth. But if i dont oil pull it doesn't happen.

Any ideas on that?

u&iraok

Leaving an infected tooth untreated runs a serious risk of a far worse outcome than getting it fixed or pulled. The infection can get into the bone of either your jaw or your skull (depending on where the tooth is located), and the results can be very serious indeed if left untreated. You could potentially be looking at hospital and surgery, or even death if not treated.

Plus untreated dental infections are a known factor in coronary disease.

I agree with Sean. Just go to the dentist and talk over your options with him/her. You'll feel better if you do, rather than worrying about it. And there may be no pain now but you could suddenly have extreme pain so don't wait.

As regards the heart connection a coworker was telling me about a waitress in a restaurant he frequents that had an untreated tooth infection and died of a heart attack. Could be a coincidence but here's one article about the connection: www.icnr.com/cs/cs_27.html

PennyIA

Extractions here... I'm down to about 7 teeth and wear dentures. Figured I beat my mom since she went to full dentures at the age of 42, and I made it until I was 47 before I went to partials. I'm a bit frustrated that at the last minute they decided to save 7 it messed up everything. But it won't be long before I need the last 7 pulled as well. I caved because they told me they only needed 1 filling between the seven teeth (which was a lie, they needed 3-4 fillings EACH). After a lot of extra pain and expense - within two years there are at least six new cavities.

LisaGoddard

My teeth are also very fragile and I have one cracked tooth which the dentist is itching to fill with a root canal. But I too don't want any chemicals in my mouth. I've found doing oil pulling with coconut oil helps me to keep them bacteria free. It also helps with the pain from my receding gums. (I sound like I'm ancient but I'm not, my teeth are just weak)

Before I went to my dentist, I wrote a letter to her explaining that I wanted her to check my teeth, but that I wouldn't permit any fillings etc.. She was bemused but accepted my position. So even if you decide not to have any fillings, you could still see the dentist. She might make some helpful suggestions.

prioris

Read the book Cure Tooth Decay by Ramiel Nagel.

I am in the process of trying to cure my teeth problems.

I plan to write a post on the dental health down the road.
It really don't want to post be until I am finished with handling my dental problems so I can know outcome of my protocol.

If anyone needs help, just email me.

Jimbo39

I had all my infected teeth pulled and alagams replaced about a year ago. I've noticed a big improvement in regards to my sinus problems. However, I still have root canals ( couldn't afford to address them). They're sensitive. When I eat something cold they hurt. I heard root canals can be a haven for bacteria?

When I water pic, my nose starts running. This really shows the oral/sinus connection. I heard that bacteria and toxins can go directly to your brain via the olfactory glands. Any validation to this?

I read on another thread that oral probiotics can help. Has anyone had success with this?

prioris

I am using MI Paste to remineralize my teeth. noticed improvement in 3 weeks. Where most cavities start is between the teeth. I make sure I get the MI Paste between the teeth.I hold it in my mouth for at least 1/2 hour. I make sure my teeth are clean before I do this.

if your teeth are effected by cold or heat then you definitely want to remineralize with MI Paste. That's one area it really helps many people.

As long as water you irrigate with is clean, i would think it would not cause any problem. i don't think you can infect yourself with your own flora.

I did mention probiotics to someone regarding chronic sinusitis. I came across it while I was researching the subject

http://lactobacto.com/2014/09/24/which-probiotic-treatment-is-best-for-sinusitis/
http://www.meatprocessingproducts.c...XMX4pkuySPa_Ot_ZMy4N7seoxnWcysallRBoCF3nw_wcB

Last edited:
And root canal are known to make people sick
I don't agree with that. I have undergone root canal treatment procedure a year ago. So far I don't have any trouble with it. There were swelling and numbness soon after the procedure. To reduce the pain and swelling my dentist suggested rinsing with warm salt water.

I would suggest you consult a dentist in your locality before the things get even worse. If you scared of undergoing root canal treatment then how about extraction? After extracting you could get dental implants or dentures as your wish. Be careful while choosing your dentist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo39

When you have a root canal, the tooth is basically dead. Teeth are not solid but have tubules in which bacteria can hide. When you cut off the blood flow it makes it harder for the tooth to fight off infection.

prioris

Teeth can be healed. It is no different than any other part of the body.

Doctors do the same thing with Gallstones. Instead of using natural medicines to dissolve the stones, they remove the gall bladder. They have done these atrocities with many other organs.

I am in the process of trying to heal my teeth. There is a learning curve. It will be some trial and error in executing it. I am trying to put together the pieces but not use exactly the same way as Nagel but more efficient. I think Nagel's method works in younger people easier. He talks about Green Pasteur butter oil. The active ingredient in butter oil is Vitamin K2 MK-4. The amount of MK-4 in butter oil is 15 mcg [CORRECTED] which is very inefficient way of getting it. I am leery of using too much fat soluble vitamin A. I'll stick with something around 3000IU. The FDA puts fat soluble vitamin A limit at 5000IU.

I came across this excerpt recently
-------------------
In Japan, 45 mg daily MK4 is used for prevention/ treatment of osteoporosis - approved by the Ministry of Health since 1995.
"...difference between MK-4 and MK-7....SXR-independent effects of vitamin K2 on gene expression. The investigators found that MK-4 strongly activates transcription of two specific genes in osteoblast cells. Osteoblasts are cells that create bone tissue. The genes are GDF15 and STC2 and they're involved in bone and cartilage formation. They tested K1 and MK-7, and in contrast to MK-4, they did not activate transcription of the genes in the slightest. This shows that MK-4 has effects on gene expression in bone tissue that MK-7 doesn't have." ~ Stephan Guyenet ("Are the MK-4 and MK-7 Forms of Vitamin K2 Equivalent?" ( http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/are-mk-4-and-mk-7-forms-of-vitamin-k2.html )
The Study Mr. Guyenet references: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17909264 - "Vitamin K2 induces phosphorylation of protein kinase A and expression of novel target genes in osteoblastic cells."
Ichikawa T, Horie-Inoue K, Ikeda K, Blumberg B, Inoue S.
SourceDivision of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction,, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka-shi, Saitama 350-1241, Japan

---------------------

Their using enormous amounts of MK4 - 15g 3Xday - for osteoporosis. This is approved treatment in Japan and Netherlands.

MK-7 may or may not work also but it in the murky area. Even Life Extension uses both forms to cover their basis.

For those supplementing with vitamin D, you better make sure your getting your K vitamins or it could be lethal. Other cofactor minerals will be important.

Important names to know healing your teeth
Dr Weston Price
Dr George Meinig
Ramiel Nagel

I know how to heal and regenerate my gums - Biocell HA on empty stomach and with enough water.

Here is article
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/18/dangers-of-root-canaled-teeth.aspx

If you already had root canal, I think there are many ways to minimize long term negative effects and protect yourself. One way is take Selenium complex. It has an astounding record for decreasing cancers across the board.

I've decided that outside maintaining fillings etc, the dentists are not cutting out any more of my teeth.

Another reason why I am focused on this area is CALCIUM DEPOSITS. I am trying to figure out how to clear them from my body. The reason most old people die is due to these deposits. These contribute a great deal to the pain of old age.

Last edited:

South

@prioris Where are you getting your MI paste? I have one tube of it that I've been using very sparingly for a couple of years to make it last (so, only using it once every few weeks), because I don't know of a source to buy another one. The one I have I got through a dentist, but I don't wish to visit that dentist any longer.

It's not a prescription item in the US, yet I remember it being impossible to find. Not sure what country you are in.

prioris

i am getting it from mountainside-medical.com. i'm in florida. got it quickly.

i remember my last MI Paste I ordered from Amazon came from India.

Many people are using Apagard toothpaste (make sure it is correct one). It essentially does what MI Paste does. I bought a couple tubes and I like it too.

Last edited:

prioris

CORRECTION
Three ounces of butter contains only about 15mcg of vitamin k2.
This is for pasteurized butter.