• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My new freelance job has begun!

Hysterical Woman

Jody!

I am pretty excited right now.

I've been freelancing for empowher.com, a women's health website, for the last 6 months, and I just got a raise. :D

I've been writing 8 articles a month for them, 6 on Brain / Nerves and 2 on CFS. And now they are letting me write 16 articles a month. The ones on Brain / Nerves and CFS, and now 8 more on the delectable subject of Kidneys / Urinary conditions. Double the writing for double the payment.

It is still what one would consider part-time work and still not enough to live on every month. But things are definitely heading in the right direction.:Retro smile:

YAAAYYY Jody, congrats on the "new" assignment and the raise! Can I have a loan??;)

Congrats!

Maxine

G

George

Hey Jody

Here's some weird urinary info. In women the uterus can be pushed up and down by the bladder as it fills leading to a painful pelvic area and during menses the filling of the uterus with blood expands into the bladder causing urinary frequency and sometime incontinence.

Kidneys can not only produce stones but dehydration can lead to a calcification of the lining of the entire kidney which, must then be subject to sonic vibrations to bust up the calcium and send it on it's way in the form of kidney stones.

Fun facts from the fringe! And congratulations you're a great writer and deserve both the raise and the additional column inches.

Victoria

Congratulations Jody,

You certainly deserve it.

Looking forward to catching up with ALL your writing after 12th Feb.

(still haven't worked out where you should hang your "crystal", but where ever you've put it must be the right place for positive vibes).

Look forward to reading your articles about kidneys too.

V

I am pretty excited right now.

I've been freelancing for empowher.com, a women's health website, for the last 6 months, and I just got a raise. :D

I've been writing 8 articles a month for them, 6 on Brain / Nerves and 2 on CFS. And now they are letting me write 16 articles a month. The ones on Brain / Nerves and CFS, and now 8 more on the delectable subject of Kidneys / Urinary conditions. Double the writing for double the payment.

It is still what one would consider part-time work and still not enough to live on every month. But things are definitely heading in the right direction.:Retro smile:

Jody

Yeah, Vicki,

You have a big job change coming very soon don't you.:D

You deserve a rest. A good, long, saturating, gratifying rest.

The crystal is just hanging on a chain in my bedroom right now. If it's helping ... well, I will leave it right where it is, just in case it is making a difference. :Retro tongue:

Jody

Nope, sorry, you are on your own!! Oh, wait, I do know one thing - people with kidney disease should not take magnesium supplements!

Congrats again,

Magnesium Maniac

I didn't know that.

I will be learning more than I ever thought possible -- or necessary:Retro tongue: -- on this topic very soon.

Thank you, Magnesium Maxine.:D

Jody

Hey Jody

Here's some weird urinary info. In women the uterus can be pushed up and down by the bladder as it fills leading to a painful pelvic area and during menses the filling of the uterus with blood expands into the bladder causing urinary frequency and sometime incontinence.

Kidneys can not only produce stones but dehydration can lead to a calcification of the lining of the entire kidney which, must then be subject to sonic vibrations to bust up the calcium and send it on it's way in the form of kidney stones.

Fun facts from the fringe! And congratulations you're a great writer and deserve both the raise and the additional column inches.

Holy cow!

These kidneys can be dangerous little devils, can't they.:eek:

Thanks for the vote of confidence, George, and all youse guyz.:Retro smile:

D

Denn

Congratulations, Jody, that is great news! See, in the end, quality (and charm) does win out!!

Best wishes,
Denn

Jody

Thanks Denn,

It's really encouraging to know they like my stuff enough to pay me for writing more of it. :Retro smile:

Sunday

Jody, I'm adding my congratulations. Your story is encouraging. I used to write, and my brain fog has gone down enough now that I might risk it again. And as for you, you deserve all the success you get. Hope some higher-paying source hears about you, too.

Jody

Sunday,

From your lips to God's ears.:D

I hope you are able to make that step, and that you are met with great success when you do. :Retro smile: