• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My memory loss is terrifying

Richard7

Save by taking notes, I don't know it can be fought.

Loss of memory is a loss of self, and it should be galling.

Or maybe not. I think terror is probably right at your stage, and that it only becomes galling when you are resigned to it. And I don't know that I am happy to discover that I've become resigned to it .

But yes, I agree.

Anchoress

This is something I am recently acquainted with that I have put down to the vagaries of old age. A close friend I call often is the same and we are each to remember what we wanted to say.

Not a loss of self any more than eg arthritis or ME is. A change. And the more we stress over it the worse it seems to get. I laugh at it now. And yes, write everything down.

Stressing over it makes it worse as it adds an element of panic and yes accept what it is ,

Strawberry

I don't know if you have Mast Cell issues or not, but Neuroprotek did wonders for me. Also, Low Dose Naltrexone helps my memory a bit more now. I haven't forgotten my phone number, address, or things like that with near the frequency that I used to.