• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Airbnb Situation..

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
For some reason I am bummed. I just feel like I am not succeeding at anything right now.

But you are because you tried something and have learned from it and we got to learn from your learning. :)

Plus, if I am remembering correctly, I think you've talked about buying a rental property in the past so this was just your way of trying to do that now on a different scale. It was a trial run of sorts. Realize that we all have things that for whatever reason don't work out even if we tried to use our best judgement in the situation ahead of time.

And if I may say, sometimes God shipwrecks our plans before our plans can shipwreck us. (Not an original quote by me but one I saw on another website right at a time I was feeling like a failure because something I planned did not work out. It turned out it was true for my situation. What I wanted to do would have shipwrecked me if I had been able to go forward with it.)

I do think @AndyPandy is correct though, you just need to hit the pause button for a while and regroup and that's okay. When I read about successful CEO's they always say they learned more from the things that did not work out than from the things that did.

And IF you decide you want to or can try this again, I think a "Women Only" policy would be best but give yourself some time right now. We all know stress can cause a crash too and be patient and kind to yourself.

Last edited:

Misfit Toy

@Judee -I gave up on airbnb because my place is too small and I didn't want to have to talk to anyone. Even though I said that I was an introvert, nobody listened and people talked away. I didn't like it and the only bathroom is right across from my room and right next to theirs. I look back and think...was I crazy? o_O

I would only do it again if I had a separate house. Like a house that was detached and even then it's not easy having to clean the sheets, clean, etc. So...yeah, no thanks.