• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle stamina/fatigue - what works?

Has Mestinon helped someone?
I constantly feel tired in the muscles, and I have a suspicion that because of this my digestive tract works so badly. After all, the digestive tract is also composed of muscles, right? I have a feeling that the muscles of my digestive tract are tired and do not want to work.
Did any of the medications listed here help improve gastrointestinal motility?

Thinktank

Muscle fatigue, i have that too probably just like everyother person with ME/CFS.
Muscle strength is not the problem, ofcourse i'm much weaker than pre-illness but the main problem is muscle fatigue upon exertion.
Today i managed to do two things. Go to the barber and do some small groceries. Now i'm exhausted, and that exacerbates my anxiety / GAD - god knows why. Which exhausts me even more driving me into PEM. Great.

Things that work my my muscle fatigue are:
BCAA
isolate Whey
Q10
Creatine

Unfortunately all of those supplements increase my brain fog. So i have to choose, do i need my body or my brain today?

Last edited:
Has anyone done a muscle biopsy? Is it possible to extract any useful information from this? This muscle fatigue kills me and my mom too. It looks like it is something hereditary. Will a doctor see something in a microscope, looking at the biopsy of my muscle, what do you think?

Gingergrrl

Has anyone done a muscle biopsy?

I know of several people from PR who have done muscle biopsies for small fiber neuropathy. I have not done one myself but maybe one of them will see this thread (or you could do a Google site search).

@Gingergrrl, judging by the symptoms, I have no small fiber neuropathy: no abnormal sensations in the skin, normal pain sensitivity. I just thought, if the usual tests don't show anything, then maybe a muscle biopsy will give some kind of clue?

Haley

Just the topic I was looking for :)

My muscle fatigue has been getting progressively worse over the past 3-4 months - mainly the proximal muscles in hips and shoulders with the fatigue worsening over the course of the week (I still work part time and this is the culprit). I'm already taking CoQ10 and BCAA's (they seem to help a bit, but the effectiveness seems to be wearing off), so looking for other suggestions.

I'll try some whey and see how that goes, but any other suggestions are also appreciated :)

@Haley, I wish you to defeat your illness. I would be grateful for the information when you find a solution for yourself.
As for me, my searches are still futile. But I do not give up.