• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Muscle pains?

SOC

Thanks. The thing is, I don't have any pain, just very tight and grating. I should have clarified that, and it's pretty strange that it can be tight with absolutely no pain.

Actually mine was the same way, but the doctor still called it "TMJ pain" -- probably meant TMJ dysfunction or something like that.

A wonderful doctor I had years ago (pre-diagnosis) used to tell me that what I called "muscle tightness" most people would call muscle pain. She believed, based on a number of odd experiences, that I have a very high tolerance for certain types of pain and that I interpret them as "tightness" or "aches". Maybe you're the same.

gag

Actually mine was the same way, but the doctor still called it "TMJ pain" -- probably meant TMJ dysfunction or something like that.

A wonderful doctor I had years ago (pre-diagnosis) used to tell me that what I called "muscle tightness" most people would call muscle pain. She believed, based on a number of odd experiences, that I have a very high tolerance for certain types of pain and that I interpret them as "tightness" or "aches". Maybe you're the same.

thanks that makes sense. still tight as hell and weak too towards the end of the day..:eek:
TY again

SaveMe

Hello,

I just was wondering if anyone has found a treatment for muscle issues? Mine is a mixture of the common flu-like pain and aching muscles after exercise - but without having exercised.
I tried Magnesium. Did not improve, but worsen my fatigue very much.

What would be your recommendations fr muscle aches and pains?

Thanks and greets from Germany

Hi membersound,
this is one of my more troubling symptoms as well. My muscle pains are all over (back,arms, and especially upper legs) and when it strikes, I really have no way of controlling it. I just have to "wait until the storm passes" so to speak. However, you mention taking just Magnesium which made my symptoms worse as well, but when I tried Malic Acid with Magnesium, I had less flare-ups. Here is a link, its fairly inexpensive. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=KA-1846

Malic Acid is totally natural and is present in small amounts in the skin of green apples. Google Malic Acid and Fibromylagia or Malic Acid and CFS and you will find tons of hits, reviews and research. And you bring up a good analogy about the pains in relation to exercise. Sometimes I ask myself "Did I sleepwalk last night in to gym and do a few sets of squats and lunges?" cuz it sure does feel like it!!