• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MRI: White Matter Lesions?!

Zebra

Hi, do you have the possibility to ask your neurologist if myelopathy can occur as a consequence of MS

Probably not.

I don't know you, but I really, really, really hope you don't have ALS.

Finding a good neurologist is hard. Do you have a good neurologist to guide you through additional diagnostics?

Methyl90

@Zebra Like many of us...we don't know exactly what gave us remissions and what gave us relapses over the years. What we have in common is that we are surviving by compensation. As far as I'm concerned, in 34 years of survival I don't think I will have the possibility of reversing what happened in the early years of childhood even if I can't be sure if I was born with something strongly Degenerative to the nerves... surely stressors and environment have amplified the problem. If I look at my musculoskeletal system I can be sure that certain damages don't develop over time but are born with. Having said that, unfortunately after having visited many neurologists in my country I am willing to move to have more targeted support.

Back