• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MRC Response

Daisymay

From Margaret Williams:

A response to Professor Hooper's complaint about the MRC PACE Trial has just been received from Frances Rawle, PhD, Head of Corporate Governance and Policy.

It is a five page letter and concludes: "I believe that none of your complaints can be upheld, and that your concerns are groundless and without substance. We will therefore be taking no further action in this regard".

The whole letter will be scanned and made public in due course.

Enid

I'm sure the ME community will not be too put off - it's (they) are a sad joke considering Prof Hooper a decade ago is now being proved right in all international research findings. What was and still is wrong with some idiots in high places. Their time thanks to international research findings lead by the WPI is over. Do try and catch up for your (MRC) opinions carry no weight now. Should have listened in the first place.

Daisymay

Right Enid and it is more evidence against the MRC/psychs to show how they are complicit in the suffering of millions of people around the world. We will win, science will win this for us, and then all this evidence can be used against them to hold those responsible to account.

Enid

Now the WPI is so close to understanding, hopefully the evidence/history may include how despite Melvin Ramsay's findings at the Royal Free, that insidious thing called psychiatry claimed maintained and exported their mumbo jumbo into real medicine everywhere. (A lighter note bet the one foisted on me can't do the Times Crossword). Thanks for all you do.

cigana

Is Frances Rawle a civil servant/politician or does he/she work for the MRC?

I suppose we shouldn't be at all surprised by their reply. The question is, what is the next step? I can only think that we need to try to involve politicians - we need to infomr them that serious allegations are being made against the MRC by an upstanding memeber of the scientific community, and that these allegations are simply being ignored.

Daisymay

Rawle works for the MRC, she is Head of Corporate Governence and Policy.

As for the next step, I guess we should wait and see how Prof Hooper and Margaret Williams respond and they said they will publish the MRC letter in full so can all see just what the MRC have said.

free at last

As John Cleese would say ( hes a british actor for our american friends )
ISNT IT JUST TYPICAL
Yep the wpi with truth on its side should win out in the end, only through science will the day come when we can start pointing fingers at those responsible for this abuse and neglect of so many british citizens. Margaret is now on our list of those we will be asking for a apology when our day of science truely comes.
Typical indeed John
Not sure if this has been linked on pr. but if not heres Prof Malcom Hooper in hes stride.Great admiration for the man. A real friend to the patients of ME/CFS and for once hes British.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UpLuXFXJCc&feature=related