• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

morgellons?

junkcrap50

Yeah, I fee like there are bugs crawling around my body , spine and even brain. i have lesions, sparkly stuff,
black specks, crystals, and fibers coming out. strange popping sensations in mygums and head. I haven’t been bitten by a tick but this came on fast and progressed over the course of month. I also hear this buzzing sensation like flies inside of my ears. Also the movement is sometimes visible.. my hair will move with the sensations and sometimes there are indentations left on my skin after
Oh that's horrible. I'm so sorry. I'm afraid that sounds like all the hallmarks of morgellons. I can't imagine how scary that all is.

Reading a bit about morgellons yesterday after my post, one person's blog suggested that morgellons can contaminate inanimate objects, specifically wood, insulation and other home building products - as this person's home was heavily infested. (The house was contaimnated first and she and her pets were infected by the house. She did not contaminate her own house. So don't worry about that.) She (and others) believe it is as fungus (whereas others think it's a parasite or bacteria, all three of which can be passed by ticks). So, it is plausible you do not need to be bitten by a bug to get it.

judyinthesky

Yeah, I fee like there are bugs crawling around my body , spine and even brain. i have lesions, sparkly stuff,
black specks, crystals, and fibers coming out. strange popping sensations in mygums and head. I haven’t been bitten by a tick but this came on fast and progressed over the course of month. I also hear this buzzing sensation like flies inside of my ears. Also the movement is sometimes visible.. my hair will move with the sensations and sometimes there are indentations left on my skin after

Did you find a solution and how are you doing meanwhile?
I have updated bugs crawling around body and even brain as well.
I don't have your other symptoms though.
I have a spinal fluid leak from a puncture in addition to what you described.

Did you find a solution and how are you doing meanwhile?
I have updated bugs crawling around body and even brain as well.
I don't have your other symptoms though.
I have a spinal fluid leak from a puncture in addition to what you described.

I want to see a doctor who specializes in this, but she refuses to take patients who smoke, and the stress of this makes that extremely difficult. I’m going to keep looking though, and if it comes down to it, I guess I won’t have much choice but to quit. Any idea whats causing the bug sensations? I suspected I might have a cfs leak as well, because I fee like globs of some masty substance move down my my head into my spine slowly. Pretty crazy sensations, and I’d really like
to know what the hell’s causing all this. Have you had any neurological manifestations?

judyinthesky

I want to see a doctor who specializes in this, but she refuses to take patients who smoke, and the stress of this makes that extremely difficult. I’m going to keep looking though, and if it comes down to it, I guess I won’t have much choice but to quit. Any idea whats causing the bug sensations? I suspected I might have a cfs leak as well, because I fee like globs of some masty substance move down my my head into my spine slowly. Pretty crazy sensations, and I’d really like
to know what the hell’s causing all this. Have you had any neurological manifestations?

I'm pretty clear neurology wise
I have pancreas insufficiency
Otherwise not sure what it might be
I don't think it's vitamin deficiency

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Any idea whats causing the bug sensations?

I've seen others on in some Lyme FB groups talking about this as well. Some think it has to do with a co-infection like Bartonella, IF I am remembering correctly.

Have you joined any of the Lyme FB groups? They might have more ideas for you.

I get the bug crawling sensations too but not all the time.

Usually mine comes after I've dusted something or gone outside and been exposed to pollen. I wonder if my skin isn't reacting to those. My skin is super sensitive. Plus, I am very allergic to dust and pollen.

I hope you can figure out what's causing it for you.