• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More positive anti-viral news

Tembo

Australia
I dont know how many of you follow the blog written by an XMRV+ Dr and her daughter who are on antiretroviral meds but I was just reading her July 10th update this morning and she says after 4yrs of not being able to drive her car she is now driving! Amongst other improvements. This is a bit more hope for the rest of us yes? This is after just 16wks of treatment.

http://treatingxmrv.blogspot.com/

" I continue to be able to drive, go to town and do errands. Four months ago, a trip to the grocery store once a week was a herculean effort. Running to town is now no big deal most days. Four months ago, I needed a laptop to write from the sofa. Now I sit at the desk most of the time or use my iPad outside. I enjoy going to an internet cafe and having a latte (I'm a coffee lover), whereas before there was no energy for anything inessential. I didn't drive for four years and a year ago my husband was my caregiver. I drove for the first time about six months ago".

Tembo

Australia
All three big gun antiretrovirals - AZT - RAL and TEN.
I noticed they quoted this doc in the New York Times post today actually.