• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More on the Benefits of Grapes, This Time Re: Cholesterol and Heart Disease

YippeeKi YOW !!

But wait, there's more ..... this time from that purveyor of gossip and slanted news, The Daily Mail, proof that nary an ill wind blows that doesn't bring some benefit, somewhere .....

Could GRAPES prevent heart attacks and strokes? 'Superfood' is rich in chemicals that lower cholesterol in just four weeks, study finds
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...decreases-cholesterol-levels-study-finds.html

• Researchers in California gave participants grape supplements over four weeks
  • Grapes significantly decreased levels of cholesterol, which is found in our blood
  • Too much cholesterol can clog up the arteries and lead to heart attack or stroke
  • Grapes are known to contain beneficial chemical compounds called polyphenols

Wishful

Has anything that was labelled a "superfood" in the past actually lived up to its claims? I can't think of anything I eat regularly because it's been proven to be a "superfood".

YippeeKi YOW !!

Has anything that was labelled a "superfood" in the past actually lived up to its claims? I can't think of anything I eat regularly because it's been proven to be a "superfood".
Daily Mail is famous for wildly pumping headlines with anything that will get eyeballs. No one else, as far as I know, is labeling grapes anything other than a powerful little packet of polyphenols and other beneficials, rather than just a tasty, very portable, treat.

As with all the information in these threads, caveat emptor, and use the input if it seems that it might be helpful, or ignore it. Your call.

BrightCandle

Grape seed extract is one of the supplements that has some anti-platelet action so its quite a topical food at the moment after the south africa paper suggesting improvements from anti-coagulation and anti-platelet drugs improve long haulers. I added it yesterday alongside my second month of Lumbrokinase.

Last edited: