• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moderna or Pfizer - what is safer, better to tolerate?

Hi everyone! Could you help with info and opinion please, trying to find a truth. Here is Pfizer looks much safer https://safelyhq.medium.com/covid-19-vaccine-side-effects-showdown-pfizer-vs-moderna-c621b258f01c , but all info I had before a bit opposite.
Bc of MCAS and not stable condition (list of diseases), long Covid more than a year, how I will tolerate a first dose - in the priority in my case. Even I know Moderna is better for LC.
Thank you in advance for your opinion and advice!

zzz

I have seen many reliable sources stating or showing that the Pfizer vaccine has somewhat fewer side effects, though I can't recall them specifically right now. (I have seen none stating or showing the opposite for the general case.) One reason for this is that Pfizer uses a noticeably smaller dose of its vaccine, even though the Pfizer vaccine is incrementally more effective than the Moderna (95% vs 94% in trials). The FDA has been talking to Moderna about looking into reducing the dose of their vaccine, as it appears that it may be possible to do this without reducing the vaccine's effectiveness.

I took the Pfizer vaccine. I am borderline severe, and I had reactions to both doses, with the worst reaction being to the first dose. Yet with both doses, all side effects were gone within 36 hours of their appearance. (This is merely my experience of course, and people may have wildly different reactions to this vaccine or others.) It's now been over two months since I took the second dose.

Personally, I am glad I took the Pfizer vaccine.

Booble

I have seen many reliable sources stating or showing that the Pfizer vaccine has somewhat fewer side effects, though I can't recall them specifically right now. (I have seen none stating or showing the opposite for the general case.) One reason for this is that Pfizer uses a noticeably smaller dose of its vaccine, even though the Pfizer vaccine is incrementally more effective than the Moderna (95% vs 94% in trials). The FDA has been talking to Moderna about looking into reducing the dose of their vaccine, as it appears that it may be possible to do this without reducing the vaccine's effectiveness.

I took the Pfizer vaccine. I am borderline severe, and I had reactions to both doses, with the worst reaction being to the first dose. Yet with both doses, all side effects were gone within 36 hours of their appearance. (This is merely my experience of course, and people may have wildly different reactions to this vaccine or others.) It's now been over two months since I took the second dose.

Personally, I am glad I took the Pfizer vaccine.

I think Moderna has more of the "normal" side effects but Pfizer might have more of the unusual side effects -- though that could be because more doses of Pfizer being administered.