• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MMR Vaccine Damage Payout UK - Family Finally Win Damages

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

A UK family finally win damages after an 18 year battle.

Their young son (now older) suffered a severe reaction 10 days after an MMR jab and is now permanently disabled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-90-000-payout-concerns-vaccine-surfaced.html

This is HUGE news. It may be of interest to the WPI although this family's son had not been diagnosed with Autism.

There is also comment about Dr Wakefield.

taniaaust1

i commented on the article by my comment didnt appear.. good chance to educate that sometimes vaccines cause issues like CFS/ME and a bit about how serious this disease can be.

leela

Wow. I found this comment particularly odious:

"In a dissenting judgment, Professor Lingam said he believed Robert was ‘genetically predisposed to epilepsy and that the vaccination triggered it rather than caused it.
'Robert would have developed epilepsy in any event, even if he had not had the vaccination’.

First of all, whether triggered or caused, the kid ended up a lot more than epileptic. And to state, Godlike, that he would have developed epilepsy anyway...well I ask you.

But hooray for a step toward recognition of the dangers of vaccination; though I notice their careful caveat that it in no way implies a connection between the vaccine and autism.
Which is too bad, because I feel Wakefield was horridly treated and unfairly penalized for simply putting forth evidence.