• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MITOCHONDRIAL DYSFUNCTON INDICATIONS IN ORGANIC ACIDS REPORT JUST PRIOR TO ME ONSET

Around 1 month before the onset of my ME/CFS I had an organic acids analysis done. I wondered if anyone here could point to anything that's relevant to ME/CFS. Again, I was feeling unwell at this point but definitely did not have M.E. My cfs wasn't caused by viral onset as far as I know, so I wondered if there was some kind of metabolic predisposition here that allowed for the cfs to develop, and whether this could be useful for identifying anyone else at risk for developing M.E.

20210101_123318.png

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi @Levant, and Happy Not 2020 ....
There are several threads here, and members, who believe that ME is, at its core, a mitochondrial dysfunction or illness, and you're bound to find someone who can read your results with way more knowledge than I could possibly bring ....

You might try changing the title of your thread to 'MITOCHONDRIAL DYSFUNCTON INDICATIONS IN ORGANIC ACIDS REPORT JUST PRIOR TO ME ONSET', or something along those lines ...

YippeeKi YOW !!

I'm hoping that the mitchondrial faction will pop in here and help you figure it out.

Right now, I'm having trouble figuring out stairs and how to make coffee ....

As an afterthought, you might add the word 'HELP !!!' to your thread title, to alert them that you need input. Or Maybe 'NEED INPUT !!!' ....

Or maybe not. Who knows.

I agree. That coincidence definitely is just begging for some informed review and analysis, particularly since it came so close on the heels of your diagnosis ....

WantedAlive

@Levant You might like to look at other OATS tests to compare with ME patients in this thread, along with the discussion and maybe add yours too if you like:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ults-do-we-all-show-the-warburg-effect.80662/

You say you had this done 1 month before ME onset, yet your onset wasn't viral (sudden) but perhaps more gradual? So I'm guessing you weren't feeling well to have the OATS test done? So its possible you did have ME at the time you did the test or you were developing ME.

What I have found consistent with OATS tests of ME patients is low pyruvate and low to medium lactate, and your results meet that criteria, even though your lactate is in the upper range of normal.

I'm hoping that the mitchondrial faction will pop in here and help you figure it out.

Right now, I'm having trouble figuring out stairs and how to make coffee ....

As an afterthought, you might add the word 'HELP !!!' to your thread title, to alert them that you need input. Or Maybe 'NEED INPUT !!!' ....

Or maybe not. Who knows.

I agree. That coincidence definitely is just begging for some informed review and analysis, particularly since it came so close on the heels of your diagnosis ....
Thanks, good luck with the coffee!