• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mirror: My body shut down:Woman reveals her heartbreaking battle with CFS

Countrygirl

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/my-body-shut-down-woman-11620598

Quite an interesting article, although the description of the disease at the end of the article omits the crucial defining symptoms:
My body shut down" - Woman reveals her heartbreaking battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Linda Jones, 49, lost her home, career and marriage to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and she had to fight to get her health back

By
Ruth Addicott
  • 07:00, 3 DEC 2017
NEWS
We are part of the Trust Project

Linda-Jones.jpg

Linda lost everything but has changed her whole lifestyle

After four months it subsided, but I still felt exhausted and I couldn’t straighten my fingers. My legs would shake if I tried to stand up. At one point my muscles felt so heavy I couldn’t lift my arm. Even standing in the shower was excruciating when the water touched my skin. I had such deep fatigue, I had to crawl up the stairs on all fours to get to bed.

It would come and go – some days I’d feel OK, the next I’d have a relapse. I went back to work, but had brain fog and memory loss and I couldn’t remember what was said in meetings. I would sit there, trying not to fall asleep. It was embarrassing. I tried to cover it up and carry on, but the exhaustion was overwhelming.

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again