• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovits talk in LA tomorrow, Oct. 8

shannah

Too much to hope for that it might be telecast eh?

Curious! What's the connection with the AIDS institute? Are they finding it in AIDS patients now?

Mark

I would guess the AIDS connection is from Dr Mikovits (and others) work with AIDS earlier in their career. Lots of the people involved in this research are former AIDS researchers I think. That's part of why they understand what's really going on here better than the sceptics do, I reckon. Run through the list of prominent XMRV sceptics. One thing they all have in common: none of them know jack about CFS...

Mark

Anyway...this talk has been advertised for a while, the title is familiar and suggestive...I sense some revelations on the way...and it's only an hour long...and the relationship between the PMRVs and XMRVs is perhaps the crucial question right now - is it one, is it the other, is it both? - so I hope we're going to hear what she has to say pretty quickly after she says it, this is exciting stuff! She will have the data to answer these sort of questions pretty accurately by now I would imagine. After the XMRV workshop revealed so little new about the big questions, I'm hungry for a revelation...for what it's worth, my money's on both, with XMRV as the keymaster, my guess is that XMRV sits around waiting for something to hook up with and do the damage - the something being, typically, other MLVRs...