• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovits speaking at UCLA on XMRV on Oct. 8

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
I don't mind. It's located all over my scalp, lots of small bumps that are itching. Some festered up, some healing. Going to see the doctor again tomorrow.

Most of the time it's caused by a bacteria. People with a compromised immune system are an easy target.

I'm getting exactly the same symptom and not just back of scalp, back of legs, lower legs and etc. Been a real stressor, esp at night. GP just keeps prescribing anti histamines. Contact with clothing, heat and changing position (ie from standing to lying) seem to set it off.

I think the micro circulation inflammation/leakage & cytokines is a good explanation.

Jemal

I'm getting exactly the same symptom and not just back of scalp, back of legs, lower legs and etc. Been a real stressor, esp at night. GP just keeps prescribing anti histamines. Contact with clothing, heat and changing position (ie from standing to lying) seem to set it off.

I think the micro circulation inflammation/leakage & cytokines is a good explanation.

Well I visited the doctor today and he thought my case of Folliculitis was some kind of fungal skin infection that created small openings in my skin. Bacteria then crawled in there and are now having a great time. So I got some extra special shampoo that I am now going to use to kill these new companions. I most likely got this infection because of:

A) a compromised immune system
B) antibiotics I recently took
C) the larges doses of B12 I am taking
D) some other reason, maybe funghi and bacteria just like me.

My best guess is door number B. So I resumed taking B12 and I already feel better.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Hey Cort - Did you get any indication of a timeline on the release of or publishing of Dr. Baraniuk's study? And, the same for Dr. Singh's autopsy study? I've got that feeling that these 2 studies, or at least one of them is going to give us a lot of answers (and probably generate more questions - but that's progress)?