• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mikovits' Santa Rosa Lecture - Video

cigana

Hi,

I thought it might be worth starting a new thread on the videos that are now available:

http://www.gordonmedical.com/aaim_videos.html

What stood out for me most were the political statements.

Annette Whittemore on why so many scientists seem to be stalling XMRV research:

I feel that this is just a way of blocking the progress so that they can somehow or another catch up or figure out what their answer's going to be when we finally say okay 'yeah - it's there'

Mikovits on politics:

We've got a lot of very well regarded scientists calling me every day and saying things like "I'm seeing these things too now in my patient populations and I know this story has legs" So the scientists are moving forward and I think the politics will go away very shortly

And the piece de resistance from Mikovits:

One [drug] company came to me last week and offered me as much drug and placebo-control as I wanted for as many patients around the world [as I wanted and] that they would pay for that, so we're making great progress.

which is just about the best news I've ever had...

Also, I don't think we've seen before the cytokine profile that they have developed at the WPI which has 96% specificity to XMRV-infected ME/CFS, which means it may be a potential biomarker.

They plan to have a test available by June 1st that will test for 3 viral proteins (rather than the 1 currently tested for).

Cheers,

Mark

Jemal

Yay, finally some more hopeful news. I felt we were in a lull... thanks for posting.

eric_s

The videos are interesting. Do they stop every 30 or so seconds to buffer for others as well? What strikes me is that with most of the PWCs that ask questions you can really hear it from their voices that they have ME/CFS. You hear how they sound weak. How can anyone sit in front of someone who is like that and not realize what condition that person is in, that something's seriously wrong? It's a mystery to me...

Why does Judy Mikovits say a possible explanation for the negative studies could be that the virus is not in the UK? She has found it there. But i don't think this matters.

Quilp

Mikovits on politics:

We've got a lot of very well regarded scientists calling me every day and saying things like "I'm seeing these things too now in my patient populations and I know this story has legs" So the scientists are moving forward and I think the politics will go away very shortly

Although most of us welcome this statement, I can't help feeling that a small minority of members of this board don't share the same joy as I did when I read this. How very very sad that there are human beings like this in our world; some that even claim to be our advocates.

Kind regards, Mark

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
The videos are interesting. Do they stop every 30 or so seconds to buffer for others as well?
Yes, they did for me and I couldn't follow some of it because of that. My broadband connection downloads at 1.4 megabips/second, so I was surprised I had a problem. I just checked it again and got 4 minutes into Annette's portion (which was actually Eric doing the intro) and there was not a single "buffering" pause, so maybe the demand on the server was just too heavy the first day because so many people were trying to watch it.

SOC

There are transcriptions that have been done of all of these videos - I know, because I did some of them myself. They have not all been compiled and posted yet as far as I can tell, though I believe they were all completed this past week. Here's a link to some that have been posted:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/xmrv-...ions-of-talks-in-santa-rosa/10150104416201797

Thanks for that urbantravels. I still do better with transcriptions, so I'm very grateful for your efforts.