• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Migraine medication that works like a miracle 🥳

Ok I’ve never taken a medication that worked like a miracle before, so my experience with this new migraine pill that just came out this spring was unexpected, and must be shared with other migraine sufferers on here: it’s called Nurtec. Has anyone else tried it yet?
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-178919/nurtec-odt-oral/details

I’ve suffered from migraines since I was in elementary school and developed chronic migraines in my twenties (2-3 migraines per week) - I’ve tried so many different meds and none helped. I started getting Botox injections in my scalp / neck almost 2 years ago and that helps reduce the frequency, but when I get a migraine it’s still hell I have to just endure for 2 or 3 days.

But I started using Nurtec in June and it literally erases all trace of a migraine within 2 hours of taking it! Just wanted to share as we’re all in enough pain as it is, without having to endure migraines on top of everything else - hopefully this info will help others.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💗🤎🖤

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I started using Nurtec in June and it literally erases all trace of a migraine within 2 hours of taking it! Just wanted to share as we’re all in enough pain as it is, without having to endure migraines on top of everything else - hopefully this info will help others.
I've looked at that but the price! Does your insurance cover it? So glad it helps you.

I've looked at that but the price! Does your insurance cover it? So glad it helps you.

Oh, yes - there’s no way I’d be able to take any medication or do any treatments if my insurance didn’t cover it! *sigh* Medicare For All really needs to happen in this country.

andyguitar

Oh boy, I hope my itchy, all over my body rash is not a reaction to nurtec.
It could be. And like it says here the bad reaction can start days after you take it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-27 Side Effects of Nurtec ODT (RimegepantOrally Disintegrating Tablets, for...png
    Screenshot_2020-10-27 Side Effects of Nurtec ODT (RimegepantOrally Disintegrating Tablets, for...png
    383.3 KB · Views: 13

SnappingTurtle

I have had the rash 5 days and stopped nurtec plus 2 supplements on the second day. Hoping it won't take any longer to clear up. It is itchy less often now.

Okay, I was prescribed last week and finished the round of prednisone today. Umm, the rashes are coming back. I guess I have to suspect the other new meds I am taking: Savella and LDN. But, I took these after the rash had already developed. Maybe something else is happening. I will be informing my doctor.

HABS93

Okay, I was prescribed last week and finished the round of prednisone today. Umm, the rashes are coming back. I guess I have to suspect the other new meds I am taking: Savella and LDN. But, I took these after the rash had already developed. Maybe something else is happening. I will be informing my doctor.
Use to get terrible rashes from prednisone last fall . Itchy was that lasted days. I'm not saying this is why it went away or suggesting you do it but the weed stopped both of them. The strange part was the already side of my rib this hives like rash . What had started as a rash from a reaction of prednisone just stayed there permanently but not itchy.