• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Microplastic danger in your home is 100 times worse than feared

Treeman

Microplastic danger in your home is 100 times worse than feared: We inhale up to 7,000 particles from our clothes, toys and furnishings EVERY day in health threat that could rank alongside asbestos and tobacco, shock new study reveals

'Having these particles in your body can cause stress and changes in metabolism, it can affect immunity, the ability to fight infections, it can affect your reproductive capacity and potentially it could be carcinogenic – causing cancer,'

New fears over microplastics in your home: We inhale up to 7,000 particles EVERY day | Daily Mail Online

Hip

I've never actually seen any disease association with microplastic. So while the theoretical risk to health exists, I have not seen any illnesses linked to microplastics.

Unlike say the brominated flame retardants in our homes, which are linked to diabetes, neurobehavioral and developmental disorders, cancer, reproductive health effects and alteration in thyroid function. Ref: here.

Wishful

Are artificial polymer microparticles really all that much worse than all the natural microparticles that exist in our environment? There must be large amounts of bits of chiton, keratin, polymers from plants (resins, waxes), venom microparticles from dead/dried insects and animals.

Yet another scare for advertisers to profit from, and marketers to sell useless products to counter. I'll wait for proper statistical studies to show actual harm.