• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Microclots and ME

LINE

I am reading quite a bit of material on social media about treatments for Long Covid and many are reporting benefits using anti-clotting agents. They believe that the immune reactions are creating chemical by-products that are causing microclots.

When these microclots form, this inhibits blood flow which of course stops oxygen, nutrients and other chemicals from circulating. There seems to be a number of supportive medical studies to prove this. The information would point to this action to create more auto-immune reactions as well.

They are primarily using enzymes such as lumbrokinase, serrapeptase and nattokinase. There are other studies that indicate that prescriptive agents such as Plavix with baby aspirin has effect as well. Although I am not a big fan of pharmaceuticals, I have been employing the Plavix/Aspirin routine and I would comment that it seems to be helping. I am continuing to do this every other day.

@Consul posted this article recently:

Proteomics of fibrin amyloid microclots in long COVID/post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC) shows many entrapped pro-inflam... (Kruger et al, 2022) | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums

@Cort Cort Johnson has 2 articles on healthrising worth looking at.

Clogged Pipes and Micro Clots: Are ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and Long COVID Endothelial Cell Diseases? - Health Rising

Ischemia-Reperfusion Hypothesis Opens New Treatment Options for Long COVID, Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS - Health Rising

More articles can be found here:

You searched for microclot - Health Rising

Last edited:

LINE

@sb4
I started a protocol similar to this a year or so ago but had to abandon it quick as the Aspirin caused tinnitus. I think I used a pretty high dose though. What are the improvements you have gained on this; do you have POTS?

>The Long Covid people are using the enzymes listed above which may help you. I did have POTS at one time (not now), I resolved this with rebuilding and supporting the adrenal glands. I can explain what I did for the POTS if you like.

>This person on Twitter is a pharmacist with Long Covid. She has lots of studies and research on the microclotting and resolution. LongCovidPharmD (@organichemusic) / Twitter

@Mary
I'd like to know too what your improvements are - thanks!

>Better circulation, less pain, more flexibility, overall feeling better.

@Rufous McKinney

>Thank you, I will look at.

Rufous McKinney

I did have POTS at one time

I do not have a good grasp of my POTS issues...but they exist...

I basically have high blood pressure. And some therefore odd version of POTs.

when I was in a BAD WAY, summer of 2019, I had extreme tachycardia events and POTS like problems arriving around 5 pm every day as I was in an extended PEM event that seems I was not recovering from..so for three months, your never having the One Good Day.

I don't experience the super evident tachycardia lately. So perhaps thats one thing improved. I'll take it.

But why am I so- weak outside in the world? If I have to stand for any amount of time out someplace, I"m not doing well...

I'm probably anxious out places, because of the increasing lack of tolerance for activity.

Rufous McKinney

googling, says-

It is well known for at least a century that a large dose of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) produces hearing loss and tinnitus that recover after stopping treatment (Sée, 1877). These effects have been attributed to the salicylate ion, the active component of aspirin (for review, see Cazals, 2000).

so you'd want to use a the low dose...which they seem to suggest does NOT cause tinnitus.....

BrightCandle

I had some results with Bromelain and Lumbrokinase but I also had significant worsening issues with wound healing and bleeding. Nattokinase made me really dizzy but that was one of the more popular things Long haulers were trying, apparently you need 8000 IU's of it to have an impact (standard dose is 2000). Having done this my blood is thinner and flows more normally now and it hasn't returned to the thick goop it was before I did it, but it also didn't cure me.

Last edited:

LINE

Yes, I would like to hear what you did, thanks.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I followed material found in Adelle Davis' book on stress which included specific nutrients to support the adrenal glands. I am not sure if you familiar with Dr. Lam but he has that core strategy plus some new enhancements.

Electrolytes play a key role, particularly magnesium. I can provide more details if you like.

sb4

@LINE I would like a few more details please.

I have tried various forms of magnesium in the past and other things to support the adrenals without much success, though I have reason to believe my adrenals are causing issues in me.

LINE

Sorry for the delay. Magnesium is a tricky mineral in that it can wasted easily, the endocrine system can disturb magnesium utilization and absorption and it is highly sensitive to stress. This all comes from Dr. Mildred Seelig.

Magnesium also buffers the adrenal response. Low levels of magnesium induce adrenal stress which leads to lower magnesium, a vicious circle. Whereas correct levels of magnesium stop much of the adrenal response.

Here is the link for Dr. Seelig works: Dr. Mildred Seelig, Selected Works (mgwater.com)

But magnesium comes in many forms, e.g. elemental magnesium is bound to another molecule such as the amino acid glycine (magnesium glycinate) or magnesium lysinate etc. Although these are all magnesium, there does seem to be different effects, is that a genetic issue?

Magnesium glycinate, lysinate, taurate, malate, citrate, oxide, chloride etc. Then there is Ionized magnesium. I had great success with magnesium citrate/oxide in that it lowered my blood sugar by 30pts, I was surprised. Other forms of magnesium did not do that. UltraMag is a good choice since it is a blend of 5 or so types of magnesium.

Vitamin D levels can also influence magnesium utilization as well as antioxidant status. Obviously, any stress be it emotional but biological (CFS) will push the adrenals as do toxins.

Magnesium Deficiency and Stress Reactions; Preventive and Therapeutic Implications (mgwater.com)

Chronic Latent Tetany of Magnesium Deficiency: CFS, FM, Migraine (mgwater.com)

sb4

@LINE So am I right in thinking Mg is the main component to this adrenal repair program?

I am pretty sure I have tried all the forms of Mg you have mentioned with various methods of intake without noticing too much. I stopped trying when I had a bad reaction to nebulizing Mg though in hindsight it could be something else as I had a similar bad reaction to Mg Chloride in tincture drops and I think it could have been the chloride that was the problem. Though I am open to trying again.

What where your POTS symptoms before treating your adrenals and what where they after. Thanks.