• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Microclot results in ME

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I just had to dig this topic out because i am interested in the microclot topic currently.

The mentioned "Serum Amyloid A" is interesting for me because I was found to have elevated SAA all the time, yet normal inflammatory cytokines and CRP.

Its hard for me to interpret whats going on with the microclotting since I am very new to this topic, but wouldn't a elevated SAA but normal CRP mean there is something 'microclotty' going on?

Because I am aware that SAA is also elevated in inflammatory diseases, though all other inflammatory markers return normal (IL-1, sIL-2R, Il-4, IL-6, IL-8, tnf-alpha, hsCRP)

What tests seem to be useful to define weither one has microclots or not? Platelet count, INR, aswell as the "standard" coagulation markers return normal.

Edit: You might wanna see this. I have gotten a darkfield microscopy just for whatever reason - maybe they find something i thought. the lady that dont it just said i have lots of weird long thingys in my blood. could be amyloid a fibrills... nobody knows.

1710930131350.jpeg

Last edited:

SlamDancin

I just had to dig this topic out because i am interested in the microclot topic currently.

The mentioned "Serum Amyloid A" is interesting for me because I was found to have elevated SAA all the time, yet normal inflammatory cytokines and CRP.

Its hard for me to interpret whats going on with the microclotting since I am very new to this topic, but wouldn't a elevated SAA but normal CRP mean there is something 'microclotty' going on?

Because I am aware that SAA is also elevated in inflammatory diseases, though all other inflammatory markers return normal (IL-1, sIL-2R, Il-4, IL-6, IL-8, tnf-alpha, hsCRP)

What tests seem to be useful to define weither one has microclots or not? Platelet count, INR, aswell as the "standard" coagulation markers return normal.

Edit: You might wanna see this. I have gotten a darkfield microscopy just for whatever reason - maybe they find something i thought. the lady that dont it just said i have lots of weird long thingys in my blood. could be amyloid a fibrills... nobody knows.

View attachment 53593
How did you get this tested ? I keep having normal tests ruin all my ideas of what might be going on with my exercise intolerance

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
A Lady in the lyme Support group I am in does These because she can microscope. It was done privately...