• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metabolic profiling indicates impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase function in myalgic encephalopathy/CFS (Fluge et al., 2016)

Wishful

It's not black and white.

Yes, and fatigue is not all one thing. We don't even have a clear, definite understanding of fatigue, with clinical tests to measure the different types accurately. The wiki definition includes three known causes of physical fatigue, not even considering cognitive fatigue. My point was that a title of a paper, or even the whole paper, might be misleading if they don't define fatigue clearly.

Learner1

Yes, and fatigue is not all one thing. We don't even have a clear, definite understanding of fatigue, with clinical tests to measure the different types accurately. The wiki definition includes three known causes of physical fatigue, not even considering cognitive fatigue. My point was that a title of a paper, or even the whole paper, might be misleading if they don't define fatigue clearly.
Agreed.