• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Merck: L-000870812

Daffodil

hi all. i think L-000870812 might be in phase 3. does anyone know how long a drug takes to get approved when its in phase 3? i think there are 4 phases, right?

could putting pressure on merck or the FDA with letters and emails hurry this along?

thank you
sue

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I'm sure Merck has already bribed whoever they could, at the FDA, in order to insure that the product gets to market as quickly as possible, regardless of safety or effectiveness.

There are only 3 phases, though it isn't unusually to have multiple trials at any phase. Often drugs are sent back for more testing as questions arise during the approval process. As for how long, well, don't hold you're breath. "Fast-track" easily can take much more than a year (and has to meet certain requirements to get that status). Regular drugs take at least several years if they're lucky. Ampligen is unusually long at 20 years but it gives you an idea of worst-case (outside of outright rejections).

redo

It's a antiretroviral under development. It has shown to be effective against XMRV in vitro, and might be used in normal treatment some time down the line (of course, if it works, and is safe, and if it's right to treat etc). You can see it mentioned here in the study for antiretrovirals which work for XMRV http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0009948
They tested 44 compounds (ARVs and ARVs under development) for XMRV, and only a few of them showed a decent activity against XMRV.

Daffodil

i think the drug has been under development since 2002 but drugs can take 8 - 12 yrs to get approved (if everything goes well). do you know if it is being fast-tracked?

i would think it isnt too far from being approved or they wouldnt have tested it against XMRV, right?

if i had any money, Merck stock seems like a sure thing.

thanks
sue

mojoey

Why would Merck be a sure thing over GSK or Gilead? Those drugs are already approved and will surely be first to market for XMRV, especially since L-000870812 is in the same family of drugs as Raltegravir.

I would be MUCH more excited about the company that develops the first protease inhibitor that works for XMRV.

Another exciting area being looked into is the development of Rnase-H inhibitor. The RNase H domain copies the viral genetic information. RT has been a very common target of anti-HIV drugs, but its RNase H domain (and RNase H activity) have not been successfully targeted yet.

Daffodil

cuz with unapproved drugs, the price is not as likely to be accounted for in the stock price

Daffodil

hi joey. i cant find anything on it either.

i dont know where i read it...maybe i didnt read it.

i keep seeing MK-0518 integrase inhibitor by Merck. do you know if that was tested against xmrv?

Daffodil

if anyone here is a healthcare provider, they will have better luck asking about L-000870812 and how far along it is...

Merck: 1 800 672 6372

thanks!
sue

Navid

if anyone here is a healthcare provider, they will have better luck asking about L-000870812 and how far along it is...

Merck: 1 800 672 6372

thanks!
sue

sue for a lady w/an inflammed brain you're soooo darned resourceful, forceful and smart!!!!! You must be a true force to be reckoned with when you are healthy!!!!!! Love your spirit and tenacity.

here eat peach....it's rumored to have magical powers; that's why it was chosen as an icon:peach:

Daffodil

awww thanks shebcat:)

i heard a rumor that Gilead has an investigational drug that might work...but who knows when it will be available.

sue
xoxo

Daffodil

heard a rumor that L-000870812 is very similar to RAL and might not be developed....or at least won't be fast tracked.