• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MEAction HELP - Urge to Francis Collins Meeting

Dakota15

Hey PR,

Not sure who is all involved with MEAction (meaction.net), but I have a favor to ask for anyone that is willing to help push to support more research for ME, that is regarding Francis Collins at the NIH.

On May 24th, 2018, MEAction delivered a 580-page letter to Francis Collins, with over 7,000 signatures calling for formal recognition. Along with names and the NIH petition, they shared photos and stories, adding voices to the many people demanding answers from the National Institutes of Health.

Francis Collins has not yet responded to the Millions Missing letter demanding that he take specific steps within the next 12 months towards achieving a diagnostic test, clinical trials and treatments for myalgic encephalomyelitis. MEAction sent the the letter on May 24th.

We need to send a clear message to Francis Collins asking him to respond to our letter by scheduling a meeting with representatives from #MEAction in a timely manner to discuss next steps.

It is very simple to do - if you wish to email Dr. Collins, you can simply copy and paste the message listed at the bottom in the link below. They also have a call script and voicemail script if you so choose to call the NIH and Dr. Collins.

I implore and ask everyone who is impacted by this condition to help urge Dr. Collins and the NIH.

Thank you so much.

The link is below:

https://www.meaction.net/2018/06/20/u-s-call-to-action-tell-collins-to-respond-to-our-letter/?utm_source=#MEAction Newsletter&utm_campaign=737d5998ac-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_20_09_36&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c4e623c366-737d5998ac-351653577&mc_cid=737d5998ac&mc_eid=fbc01e981a

@Cort Maybe we can post on HealthRising too? Just throwing it out there.